Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do YOU do it, live laser show with live music and audience ?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    that second picture is epic
    @bradfo: my lasers was mirrored, but in that particular effect it was hard to notice because it was a circle going around i think.
    Maybe there is something being lost in translation. I watched it again and what I mean by mirrored is that say for example your laser on the left is sweeping a beam from the left hand wall in towards the audience, that the right hand projector is sweeping that same pattern as a "mirror image" from the left hand wall in towards the audience. Clockwise on one... counterclockwise on the other. In the first two minutes for example, it certainly looks like the two projectors are moving in the same direction at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Maybe there is something being lost in translation. I watched it again and what I mean by mirrored is that say for example your laser on the left is sweeping a beam from the left hand wall in towards the audience, that the right hand projector is sweeping that same pattern as a "mirror image" from the left hand wall in towards the audience. Clockwise on one... counterclockwise on the other. In the first two minutes for example, it certainly looks like the two projectors are moving in the same direction at the same time.
    I know, and trust me they are. lol
    I totally agree with you, there is no way to see that in this video, and it`s a mystery why it appears to be the opposite.
    But you shall know that I always mirror my lasers when having them in pair, they are linked together, and X-ed on one laser and calibrated LEFT laser and RIGHT laser with one beam to each corner of the room.

I can find some other clips to prove you

What I think we see here is a circle, where the right laser have some more visible blanking points at the top, and the left laser got some visible blanking points at the bottom, and the circle rotate it appears they go the same direction.

Maybe this happen because the left pluto laser have a slightly weaker green laser, so the colors dont match.

well dunno..

No worries. I agree it's a bit of a mystery since they certainly look like they're moving in the same direction. Yeah.. I'm seeing some differences in the output of my Pluto's too and I attribute it to the CNI greens they used. I'm seriously thinking later this year of switching them all to 520 diode. I'm able to set them up in such a way though that the two that are a hair lighter on green can mirror each other so it almost looks intentional. I seem to pretty consistently be using 5 lasers. A center and then two flanking on each side. I'm also starting to run the center on it's own FB3 and then run the other four on another FB3 with the two right mirrored to the two left.

I also wonder about replace the green, if not it should be possible to adjust the output power on the lasers more simply so they can have perfect white without using software.
    If I have to use software to adjust white output I need to have one DAC for each laser, and that is a no go !!

I consider to buy 2 new lasers, but not pluto, I thinking about the full diode.

Then I have 4 RGB and 2 blue.

The newer Pluto's are all diode. I have one. There is also an option for the 462 blue which I got. It's just the older ones with the CNI 532's that seem to have some inconsistencies. Plus, the old Pluto's only had a warranty for 1 year because that's all CNI offered on their modules. The new Pluto's are warrantied for 2 years because Lightspace builds their own greens now with the 520. Omar tried talking me into it early on and I opted to go with the CNI's simply because I wanted them all to match and in the end, it's those that have the slightly different output.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    How are you using the macshine? That is pretty interesting to me. I been looking at one.
    Sorry for taking so long to respond! You know how things get sometimes

I'll *someday* be posting my full midi mapping for it, but the main reason why I use a Maschine is for the pressure sensitive colored pads on it. With the APC 40 its very difficult to bounce around and flash cues to upbeat EDM songs with the mushy mushy buttons on the cue grid. The pads on the Maschine are extremely sensitive and you can just barely touch them and hop around to get them to cue the lasers. I still definitely need the APC 40 on the side for sliders / knobs / pages / etc but I am almost done mapping the Maschine (which will have the ability to change brightness with pressure per cue).

Here you can see one of my friends using the Maschine / APC 40:
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I should totally look into that 25 pair cable though, sounds awesome. How do you break out the ends?
    I still very much consider this a proof of concept. The bulk 25-pair cable is solid core so I'm worried about longevity in the face of all the twists n turns a snake sees on the road. The pairs on the inside are grouped into 4 sets of 4, and 3 sets of 3. That will give you 6 4-pair runs if you re-arrange/combine the 3-pair sets. In my case, since I only needed 4 lines to begin with (one of which is now a spare) I simply cut off the 3-pair runs and stuck 4 ethercon connectors on the remaining 4-pair bundles. This leaves me with 9 pair of dark run which I can later exploit by cutting back the insulation and adding additional ends.

In all I created 3 70' runs with ethercons on each end and 8 ethercon couplers in order to make a single ~210' run should the need arise (modularity is key).

This was not an inexpensive endeavor (the couplers run ~$11 each), but the time/hassle savings is more than worth the additional cost provided I get several years out of it.