Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...Now firing on Pangolin cylinders... :)

Default ...Now firing on Pangolin cylinders... :)

Welp, it's official... To those of you who saw the post, the Goldenstar has been retrofitted with 40k scanners... AND, now we're running QuickShow on this thing, so I will be soon creating some QuickShow enabled shows...

Also, wanna take the time to say a HUGE thanks to Buffo for all his help, going waaaaay above and beyond what he SHOULD have to get this laser outfitted with a new LCD screen/SD Card reader, power supply, rewiring and reworking and moving all the parts so everything fits in this case! I should probably be billed in excess of a couple hundred dollars just for the work he did...

Don't usually like to broadcast personal details all over the internet, but this guy deserves a HUGE round of applause for helping me out... I probably played with QuickShow's abstract generator for well over 2 hours, and made some amazing stuff, but unfortunately, the QEFF file I made for one of the images suddenly is blank! Maybe I shoulda saved the workspace after I finished, now I don't know where or how to read the file!!! O well...

O yeah did I mention the guy drove 2 hours one way just to bring me the projector so I didn't have to worry about shipping damaging it?

Thanks again man... Some kick ass people runnin' around here these days...

Quodos to Buffo for the assistance.

Great guy. He assisted me a while back.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post

Thanks again man... Some kick ass people runnin' around here these days...
    Yup... and buffo is one of the best.

Even if he does cost me money. (I have this "feeling" I'm going to be acquiring dive gear in a few weeks. Wrist computers, BCD's, wet suit... will it never end?)

Your 'Pango FanBoi' shirt is in the post, wear it with pride!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

+1 on Buffo being so helpful... He helped me get through a difficult obstacle on my first PJ build by writing me a nice long PM and even reached out to talk it over on the phone... There are not many people who are so giving with their talent and time to folks they never even met in person.... Looking forward to meeting him in the near future at a LEM!

+2. I've seen Buffo help tons of folks over the years including myself. Super amounts of positive laser karma built up there!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Smile

Aw hell guys... You know how it goes. We all help each other around here. This time it was my turn. Next week it will be someone else's! It all works out.

And Dave, you hosted the party that got the ball rolling on this one. This is the projector we were working on at your house back in January! It's unfortunate that it took this long to get it done, but the results seem to have been worth the wait.

I'm very glad that Steve is having fun with his resurrected projector. For a while I was unsure that I'd ever get it working again! I felt that I might have bitten off a little more than I could chew for a while. We had lots of issues getting the new board to work (not to mention issues getting the scanner signals out on the right pins!), plus there was the small issue of the new scanner power supply not physically fitting in the case! But that's why I have a jig-saw and some metal-cutting blades in the garage...

The real thanks should go to Mimi over at Goldenstar who gave us a super deal on the new FB3 Quickshow controller that Steve is using now, not to mention the replacement LCD, card reader, and pattern board that we needed to get everything working with the new scanners. Oh, and VJ Aiwaz also deserves some credit for giving Steve a super deal on these scanners, which helped him afford the Quickshow upgrade in the first place.

Mark my words people: look for new and very cool content to come from Steve (VibrationsofDoom) in the coming months. The guy is a veritable fountain of ideas, and he's already done some really neat things with just the basic SD card player that came with the projector. (Well, it did involve a lot of work on his part using Laserboy and a few other ILDA-editing tools as well, but the point is - he's already well-versed at creating cool frames.) He's got plenty of ideas for new shows, and he already has some custom artwork that he's made for the SD card player, so he's that much further ahead. Can't wait to see his first full-length show!

Adam

IMHO there are two kinds of forum members- those who have gotten generous help from buffo--and those who will in time.
    ....he sets the bar high every time.

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-