Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arctos flexing euro patent muscles

Thanks for your considerations Planters !

As I have dug up, with help from friends, it seems that this " patent" of theirs has been 90% copy-paste from other patents.
    As such there is " prior art" which would make the whole patent debatable at best.

There is an option in the EU Patent System to post remarks to a certain patent ( at no costs ) which would be seen by the patent office. I think if enough people would fill in this form and post their views, the patent would be discredited. I have to dig into this a little further ash I would not want anyone to end up harmed in any way.

I have done some investigations of course and from these I have formed a reply to the lawyer :

As currently ( 2017) this event is taking more serious shape I have chosen to remove some text to not feed the hogs any more they they are already getting )
    Last edited by PeterB; 08-16-2017 at 12:48. Reason: Progress in the case

I am curious to what the exact infringement claim is? If it is knife edging in general it would affect other things like laser based video projectors. Is Ca$io paying royalties?

As far as i can see, they have not bothered sending the claim for patent in the correct language som some of the european contries. They have not payed the fees for filing the application. For Norway and some other contries, the status seems to be "LAPSE BECAUSE OF FAILURE TO SUBMIT A TRANSLATION OF THE DESCRIPTION OR TO PAY THE FEE WITHIN THE PRESCRIBED TIME-LIMIT".

They want a patent, but are not willing to pay the cost, or money to translate the paperwork.

If only i had come up with the obvies idea of toiletpaper- and filed a patent. I would have a shitload of money.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

It's one thing to invest the time and money to develop some technique and want to defend it from usurpers who want to make a profit on your back. I get that and I suspect that most here respect that as well. But, it seems clear that Arctos (and maybe Kvant as well) are trying to hijack the protection systems established around the world, that are designed to prevent this theft, to intimidate competitors. This is equally wrong and it is intolerable.

I hate whining and complaining in lieu of action. I like Peter B's response to their lawyer. I like masterpj's plan to stop buying from Kvant. I think if everyone who has bought from Kvant threatened to go elsewhere for all future purchase and sent them a letter stating why, right now then this might make the profits form this aggressive legal maneuver unattractive. They might decide to drop it.

The thing is the Lightspace module designs are complete knockoffs of KVANT. Identical, Chinese copying at its best..

We see this a heap in lighting.. Clay Paky and the sharpie is a prime example.

KVANT arent in the wrong here, so why are people suggesting stopping buying from them? Honestly guys!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

So is this going to effect Lightspace? Or does it not apply to them since they are in a different region and not bound by the patent?

Kvant might be the victim of copying, but if the copy is of something so simple or obvious that anyone who has a laser and some lenses and some filters will have done this then it is wrong for them to try to restrict this copying by potentially attacking everyone. I built my first laser projectors with absolutely no previous exposure to the Arctos/Kvant diode projectors. It was completely natural to combine these diodes in the fashion that is used worldwide. This is the same technique (in reverse) that professional video cameras have used for decades to feed color separated CCDs. So, should Sony sue Arctos? Many medical lasers use dichroic filters to overlay aiming lasers onto the therapeutic laser to target a treatment site. Two wrongs don't make it right

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Kvant might be the victim of copying, but if the copy is of something so simple or obvious that anyone who has a laser and some lenses and some filters will have done this then it is wrong for them to try to restrict this copying by potentially attacking everyone. I built my first laser projectors with absolutely no previous exposure to the Arctos/Kvant diode projectors. It was completely natural to combine these diodes in the fashion that is used worldwide. This is the same technique (in reverse) that professional video cameras have used for decades to feed color separated CCDs. So, should Sony sue Arctos? Many medical lasers use dichroic filters to overlay aiming lasers onto the therapeutic laser to target a treatment site. Two wrongs don't make it right
    That's what I was thinking.

Hello!
    Honestly I have to say - if Arctos and (or) Kvant going ahead with this things ONLY with chinese imports - Iīm OK with that.
    The lasershow market gets more and more cheaper and crazier (look on the safety to - anyone can take a 3W rgb for his club or livingroom and didnīt know anything about safety...).
    Kvant and LW are the big competitors in the market for getting cheaper and cheaper...
    So my point is thatīs the better way to stop the chinese imports of these RGB systems and modules for hold a more accurate market (which we all could better live from...)
    Bests,
    Phil