Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with ilda board

OK, sorry one last question, im now starting the build of this projector and have noticed that the dt40 pro's have (2 seperate) 2 pin input connections on the scanner amps, with that being said, the show card shown above has a three pin output for each scanner amp. So HOW do i get the connections right from the three pin to the 2 pin connections. Thanks again

I`m not familiar with the FT40 amps, but hopefully there are marked what is +volt and - volt and ground. On the PT showcards i seen to recall that Ground is common for both X and Y. You can look on the backside of the card to see if ground is common. (In the same "path of metal"). If so, you`ll sort it out.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Hi!
    Why do you need this card if you allready have a FB3 card?

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

I bought the card as to use as a simple way to hook everything up however, it seems its not so simple, for me anyway and yes i realize i can just go from db25 connector which might actually be easier than this seems to be but on the scanner boards their are 2 different inputs when using fb3 with beyond does it matter which set to use either + or - ?

Smile

When you say there are two inputs on the scanner amps, what exactly do you mean? Can you post a picture?

Because normally the input to a scanner amp will have X+, gnd, and X-. (The other amp will be Y+, gnd, and Y-.) You connect the X+ to pin # 1 on the ILDA connector, and X- to pin # 14 on the ILDA connector. Likewise, the Y+ should be connected to pin # 2, and Y- should be connected to pin # 15.

NOTE: Do not connect anything to the gnd connector on the signal input for the scanner amp.

Now, if there are other connectors on the amp, they are normally for power. Some amps actually have two power connectors. One is for power INPUT, and is normally 15-24 volts +, gnd, and 15-24 volts -. The other one is a power OUTPUT that can be used to power a pattern board like the one you posted in the first post in this thread.

In many cases the scanner power supply runs at +/- 24 volts, and the power output connector on the scanner amp board knocks that down to +/- 15 volts. However, some scanners operate at +/- 18 or even +/- 15 volts. That is why a picture of your scanner amp board is important. It will help us determine which wires go where.

For more information about why you don't connect anything to the gnd terminal on the signal input connector, have a look at this article.

Adam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (1).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	46800 Now according to the dt40 pro manual under the (4) input pins it reads...+ g g - so that's( positive ,ground,ground,negative) ,the three pin connector to the left of the 4 pin input connectors is what connects to the power supply

And of the card I'm wanting to use as u can see in the photos at top it has three pin connections for each amp x and y

Smile

OK, you have standard DT-40 amps. The 3-pin connector on the left in your photo (which has -24, g, +24 silkscreened next to it) is the power input connector. Wire it to the scanner power supply exactly as it is labeled. (The scanners should have come with a cable pre-made for just this purpose.) Also, be sure to connect the ground lead on the scanner power supply to Pin 25 on the ILDA connector. (Do this at the power supply only, not at the amps.)

The 4-pin connector to the right in your picture is the signal input for the amp. The two center pins are ground. DO NOT CONNECT ANYTHING TO THESE 2 CENTER PINS. The X- signal (ILDA pin 14) goes on the left, and the X+ signal (ILDA pin 1) goes on the right. (And the same for the Y amp, except Y- is ILDA pin 15 and Y+ is ILDA pin 2.)

As for the pattern board you posted about in the first post in this thread, I agree with others who have already suggested that you do NOT use this board. It would be far better to simply connect the signals from the ILDA connector directly to the components inside the projector.

However, if you insist on using the pattern board, then you would connect only the X+ and X- signals (and the same for Y) to the scanner amps. You would NOT use the ground connection for anything. So in your photo in the first post in the thread, the top pin for both the X header and the Y header is ground. Nothing would be connected to those pins.

The reasons behind this are spelled out in the article I linked to above. If you're not all that curious, you don't need to read it. Just know that there are significant issues that can crop up when you connect ground to the signal input ports on a scanner amp, and this will cause distortion in the scanned image.

Adam

Ok so I decided not to use the card and wired everything up direct now that I did and everything is working I get these weird lines, my rbg laser is crystal clear image but this one has me puzzled when projecting a target beam I get the actual spot and a cross type lines coming from it and they are large, when I do a graphic image i get the image and a kinda brush effect, I have pics as to what I'm talking about but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to post them using the mobile site

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0653.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	46880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0653.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	46880 Ok so here is what im referring to