Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maxyzmodules 225mW RED module

hi,

what is the price for 600mW module, 25mm beam height, analog modulation?

Sorry...dont have anything at that power level...yet
    I have just one 800mW prototype at a higher beamheight
    and its not for sale.

working on it..
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

800?? Whoooo!

He posted a picture of the test rig in an earlier thread... It's 4 diodes combined into a single beam. Still, it's about the only way to get lots of 660 nm red.

Adam

Ohhh--yeh I saw that one. Really cool.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2303
    Here is the link for 750-800mw tease! This looks awsome!

Waiting for my single and dual maxymodules
    Cant wait..

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

So how do they make something like this then?? Is there 4 or 5 diodes in there? I'm sure it's not the quality and reliability of yours Marconi but just curious..

LE660-900: 900mw 660nm Red diode laser

</IMG> <LI class=navigation>compact laser, analogue modulation, new product!
    <LI class=ebPrc>AU $1,745.00

Edit> or maybe thats w/o an ir filter..
    edit2> or maybe they run them so hot they only last 500 hours instead of several thou.
    edit3> oops Aijii i just noticed that's your site..still I'm curious :>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 260088944889_2.jpeg  

Last edited by steve-o; 05-02-2007 at 09:00.

Steve-o;

The answer to your question is right in the auction listing... It's a multimode diode.

So, no nice, neat TEM00 beam. But you can get more power...

Then again, the rig that Marconi is putting together will also have a quasi-multimode beam. Because he's combining more than 2 beams, you'll always be able to tell that it's not TEM00 if you look closely enough.

Damnit - someone go out and invent a 5 watt, TEM00, direct-injection diode laser that lases at 650 nm! (Please?) Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, keep the retail price below 4 figures.

(I'm not holding my breath...)

Adam

Adam,
    Who sells 900mW 660nm multimode laser diodes??

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    So how do they make something like this then?? Is there 4 or 5 diodes in there? I'm sure it's not the quality and reliability of yours Marconi but just curious..

LE660-900: 900mw 660nm Red diode laser
    That's a single diode, multimode though. Not great beam quality, even with the lens focal length long enough to distance it from the diode to the point where the beam is 5 mm thick, it's still nearly 3 milliradians divergent. It gets by with raw power, but a single mode beam with tight diameter and divergence is going to look better, and do it with a lot less raw power. Only thing is, you'd need more than the best DVD diodes can do to match it, diode for diode. That won't take long though, new DVD diodes are getting stronger all the time.

Marconi's diodes are interesting, they are also multimode, but will be narrower active area, I think he said 65 &#181;m in a thread here, one where he showed pictures of the diodes. They're unusually tall too, like top hats. Apparently a longer active area as well as wider, so I guess that allows better collimation than a multimode usually uses. Anyone know what kind of lensing is used in a Maxyzmodule? Is it a singlet asphere, or something more exotic? I've considered taking one apart, but that would be wasteful, and I haven't got enough money to do that anyway. I'm interested in multimode diodes, IF they can be collimated easily. Most people in alt.lasers or anywhere else will say that multimode equals bad beam. Even Sam Goldwasser would default to this view, though he may know of exceptions. Marconi's lasers definitely seem to be a strong exception, which is why the lenses interest me so much. I don't expect secret truths handed to me on a plate, but I will try to probe for info that saves me from spending lots of money on obvious wrong directions..... I'll work for my answers, but it has to be useful work. I'm currently up against having to sell a unit based on 2 diodes and a PBS to get maybe 250 mW. When people can get 225 mW with a single diode, that kind of scuppers me totally, unless I can find stronger diodes to upgrade what will be a much more intensively engineered laser than any single-diode unit would be. While I'm faced with that, I must try to understand what alternatives exist.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 05-02-2007 at 10:18.