Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM -19 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire, England 9-10-11 & 12th of OCTOBER 2015

Don't worry about things being rough and ready... My first LEM involved me trying to get something worthwhile from a cheap FleaBay purchase... The guys there helped me get it working and aligned into something useful... then I killed it (and my shiny new FB3 plus the usb ports on my laptop! ) trying to squeeze it into an old Parc an case I found in my scrap metal pile!
    Rough and ready is how the best things start
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

From what I can read so far, sounds like Thorcus is going to fit in with you guys fine. He seems to have the sense of humor necessary to spend a weekend in the same venue with all of you ... and live to tell about it. Hope he manages to stick around until 2017 when I hope to come across the pond.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    From what I can read so far, sounds like Thorcus is going to fit in with you guys fine. He seems to have the sense of humor necessary to spend a weekend in the same venue with all of you ... and live to tell about it. Hope he manages to stick around until 2017 when I hope to come across the pond.
    im not sure if im offended there brad

who wouldnt want to spend a weekend with us?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You shouldn't be. I can't imagine there should be anyone who wouldn't want to. I still maintain that the sheer amount of laughter from the antics would kill a mere mortal though. If ya'll are anywhere as funny in person as you are in print at times, I can't wait to get to one of them.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    You shouldn't be. I can't imagine there should be anyone who wouldn't want to. I still maintain that the sheer amount of laughter from the antics would kill a mere mortal though. If ya'll are anywhere as funny in person as you are in print at times, I can't wait to get to one of them.
    we look forward to seeing you at a meet, but all i see at the moment is words no actions
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Fair enough. How far out can Jim lock in a date with the hall for the purposes of checking schedules and arranging flights?
    PM Sent...

OI JIM

will tx him now and get him to reply as ive no idea.

when are you coming, 2016?
    if you fly into stansted its just 20 mins from my house
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    if you fly into stansted its just 20 mins from my house
    Next thing you know Andy will be offering you a lift in that passion wagon of his... You know what they say about accepting lifts from strange men

It would be brilliant to welcome you to the 'proper' side of the pond Brad (& Adam et al)... Just be aware that we're <ahem>... probably not quite as organised as you are at SELEM

In terms of fun, banter and camaraderie it's off the scale though...
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

jem my middle name is helpful

it will probably be a lift in the dale winton bus

i disagree jem, have you seen the kitchen, how could you cram so much in such a small kitchen if it was organised?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Next thing you know Andy will be offering you a lift in that passion wagon of his... You know what they say about accepting lifts from strange men

It would be brilliant to welcome you to the 'proper' side of the pond Brad (& Adam et al)... Just be aware that we're <ahem>... probably not quite as organised as you are at SELEM

In terms of fun, banter and camaraderie it's off the scale though...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Dave AKA Thor type thing. You are MORE than welcome to join us mate but be prepared - as all good Boy Scout's are I know! (Con) - for some weird/funny/unexpected goings on
    I live in Pinchbeck BTW, opposite the Bull Pub so not too far away from you.

Brad - After the next LEM in October I will attempt to book the next two 6 monthly events after that so that will be the two in 2016 but trying to book then for 2017 might case problems.

At least booking so early for the 'later in the year' event we might actually get CarlB to stay for more that 5 seconds before running off and tickling a few dormant trains!!!!! CARL - SORT IT BROTHER!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Con, your middle name is Mincer NOT helpful!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!