Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM -19 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire, England 9-10-11 & 12th of OCTOBER 2015

Anyone bringing any Copters this year? I say copters as someone will have progressed on from a Quad surely? as in a Hex, Octo??
    Last edited by smogthemog; 08-19-2015 at 08:40.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Jim you're gay...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It's not looking like we'll be doing the CarribLEM in 2016 so, I am contemplating fall 2016 as a possibility. That may not work for Adam since I think he's got vacation time issues from work but who knows, maybe we can get some others.

My biggest problem with all LEM's is that, the bulk of my work happens on weekends, not during the week and, I'm in a situation where the weekends fill up more than a year in advance since we do predominately weddings. I trust my staff to handle things when I'm not here but, if possible, I like to make sure there is as little as possible going on while I am away. During SELEM for example, I just had one small wedding to worry about and I purposely didn't book any other events for that time period since a number of my staff weren't available that weekend either. I already know spring of 2016 is jammed up but, there are still weekends in the fall that haven't been booked so, once I know the dates for the UKLEM, I can also let people know when they book that I won't be here for their event. That also means they wouldn't be able to get lasers.
    PM Sent...

Sounds like this should be fun Still not sure that I should be associating with anybody that has no objection to associate with me but now the injunction has expired and I have killed all the witnesses I am sure it will be fine. Pinchbeck is indeed close to us, we are actually on the edge of Fishtoft, within spitting distance of the Haven estuary.
    Dave AKA thor type thing,
    My social worker says I am special.

Yes Dave, .... you'll fit in fine.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    It's not looking like we'll be doing the CarribLEM in 2016 so, I am contemplating fall 2016 as a possibility. That may not work for Adam since I think he's got vacation time issues from work but who knows, maybe we can get some others.

My biggest problem with all LEM's is that, the bulk of my work happens on weekends, not during the week and, I'm in a situation where the weekends fill up more than a year in advance since we do predominately weddings. I trust my staff to handle things when I'm not here but, if possible, I like to make sure there is as little as possible going on while I am away. During SELEM for example, I just had one small wedding to worry about and I purposely didn't book any other events for that time period since a number of my staff weren't available that weekend either. I already know spring of 2016 is jammed up but, there are still weekends in the fall that haven't been booked so, once I know the dates for the UKLEM, I can also let people know when they book that I won't be here for their event. That also means they wouldn't be able to get lasers.
    I hear many excuses and not many solutions Brad
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Well....... it's a tad bit difficult to book a flight when you don't know the date of the event. Wouldn't you agree???

Once Jim has the 2016 dates, which he said will be after the upcoming meet, THEN we can badger me about excuses and solutions.

Edit: Or... more appropriately...err... "piss my shit"
    PM Sent...

ok ill let you off for the mo, piss my shit treacle
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    At least booking so early for the 'later in the year' event we might actually get CarlB to stay for more that 5 seconds before running off and tickling a few dormant trains!!!!! CARL - SORT IT BROTHER!!!
    Sorry Jim defo can't make this next Lem but nothing Should get in the way next year. Just please try and avoid 5th-6th March and 29th-30th October 2016.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Might just bring the laptop to do some cues in LP, probs not bringing anything else though. It'd be good to see you Con. You seem to have dropped off the planet recently!
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac