Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FB4 Released!

Lightbulb FB4 Released!

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF LASER CONTROL!

FB4 is a new network hardware control platform from Pangolin. Some hardware renderings and photos of this are attached for your reference. This is just the first version of FB4. Additional versions of FB4, including a standalone version, will be released shortly as well.

FB4 will support our BEYOND and QuickShow software, and is a “modular” hardware that can be customized, to meet your needs.

You will notice in the attached photos, that the hardware has optional ILDA (in and through) and DMX (in and through) daughterboards. These can be added to the main board or removed, depending on what you want. This also has implications on the price of the system… If you don’t need the daughterboards, the price is a bit less. This works with DMX, ArtNET, OSC, RDM, and we’re also implementing CITP, for the display on cues and content on popular lighting consoles like the GrandMA, HOG, etc.

With FB4, you can run in “streaming mode” from our software. Meaning you simply have your PC running the software, and run the network cable from the PC, to the FB4, and you can control your show this way. But you can also do much more… The hardware has on-board SD card memory as well. So you can create your show, cues, workspace, etc. in our software, and then you can export this to the hardware’s SD card, and then trigger it remotely via DMX or ArtNet, from a lighting console or DMX control board.

In addition to that, you can also create your content, and then export to the SD card, and then trigger the show from the display on the back of the hardware, in “auto-play” mode. The display on the back, is similar to the “live control” area of our software. So you can control a variety of projector parameters such as geometric correction, size, position, rotation, color and color power, brightness, safety features and more.

More details and information to come.

The first units are shipping at the end of May, and we are accepting pre-orders now. Contact@Pangolin.com, for more details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB41.bmp 
Views:	73 
Size:	597.2 KB 
ID:	46853

Name:	FB4Installed.bmp 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	46852

Name:	FB42.bmp 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	46854

Name:	FB43.bmp 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	46855
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 04-21-2015 at 06:55.

Do you think they really meant 'streaming mode'?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Question

Yay! They're finally here!

So, now I'm going to ask... are you going to implement Neutrik EtherCon style connector instead of the domestic RJ45? This being the entertainment industry standard these days...
    How do they handle the interlock loop and remote re-start?
    Any idea what the expected pricing will be?

I know, Wookie is picky picky picky and can't just enjoy the fact we have a cool new toy in production... but these are, in my opinion anyway, questions that need to be asked as I already have systems in place which this will affect...
    Also, as I've already invested in FB3 hardware, will there be a 'trade up' scheme? Will my licences for Beyond, QuickShow etc. transfer to FB4 without having to re-purchase them?

These are the things I'd like to know before I start jumping for joy and chucking my (currently more limited than usual) cash about.
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Do you think they really meant 'streaming mode'?
    Probably just as much as they meant "accepting" pre-orders. (Sorry Aaron!)

Guess what folks. This isn't something I actually feel I need to buy yet! Mark the calendar! April 16th, 2015 7:26pm eastern standard time. You read it here!

(I'm holding out for what's on the BOTTOM shelf, damnit!)

This FB4 is good news for LD's.
    Bad news for laser operators.

Direct communication with lighting consoles.... Yikes!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Be nice to see the CITP in use. I'm thinking on some consoles it'll need to be patched as a media server, or mixed type head.
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Guess what folks. This isn't something I actually feel I need to buy yet! Mark the calendar! April 16th, 2015 7:26pm eastern standard time. You read it here!
    Aaaaaaand, Hell just froze over!

Adam

This FB4 is good news for LD's.
    Bad news for laser operators.

Direct communication with lighting consoles.... Yikes!
    This has been going on for years, where its been needed. This just makes it a bit better integrated, where its needed. It is not the end of the 'laserist' (def - lighting guy with [historically] more expensive toys)

I run a 'high end' lighting desk, but I can't see myself using it on shows for my lasers. I suspect that at the mid/low end of the market (not stadium shows, TV, choreographed, etc) it won't really get used, unless an existing lighting guy wants to buy his own lasers and use an interface he's more familiar with. Ultimately, he'll still need to use Pango software to generate any unique content, at which point he may elect to use the 'proper' control system anyway.
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    So, now I'm going to ask... are you going to implement Neutrik EtherCon style connector instead of the domestic RJ45? This being the entertainment industry standard these days...
    How do they handle the interlock loop and remote re-start?
    i gotta second this. Neutrik EtherCon would be nice.

also, maybe full size sd card?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    This has been going on for years, where its been needed. This just makes it a bit better integrated, where its needed. It is not the end of the 'laserist' (def - lighting guy with [historically] more expensive toys)

I run a 'high end' lighting desk, but I can't see myself using it on shows for my lasers. I suspect that at the mid/low end of the market (not stadium shows, TV, choreographed, etc) it won't really get used, unless an existing lighting guy wants to buy his own lasers and use an interface he's more familiar with. Ultimately, he'll still need to use Pango software to generate any unique content, at which point he may elect to use the 'proper' control system anyway.
    True, but production wise, it makes more sense to just have the LD run all the lighting..
    The FB4 does this, smart move for pangolin, but the laserist is a dying breed/ craft.
    At least for the larger events.
    It used to take an electronics whiz to run lasers, now it just takes a lighting co. With gear..

Just my .02,
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine