Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Group Buy: CNC'd Host + Driver for 40 Watt 460-465nm Laser Array

Newgazer sells them on there alibaba site. They are weirdly sized package, and yes they don't come apart easily- I'm not sure how newgazer separated them. Also, the metal "cans" apparently don't conduct much heat, its all through the base of the diode, making heatsinking it outside of the module that much harder. edit: nope, turns out they are 9mm diodes

@Buffo: the beams are separate, but pretty darn near parallel.
    Last edited by Crazy; 06-09-2015 at 06:31.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Newgazer and techhood I think are one and the same. There have been reports of hit or miss transactions: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...eller-techhood

Just a "proceed with caution" thought.

I'm sort of guessing that this project thus far is only designed to be on for a short period of time (like a pointer) but, not long term like a module in a projector because of heat issues? Maybe I'm still not grasping everything.

I've had two problems with buys from techhood and he corrected the problem each time, unlike laserlands who misrepresented what they were selling, used a different photo and then blew me off when I complained.

RHD has built some much smaller versions of this device in the past, none were meant for long duty cycles.

Correct. I was just saying in my previous post (somewhere up there^) that making a module to properly combine the beams wouldn't be terribly difficult.

Are you fucking kidding me? a 40 watt HANDHELD laser? That is the stupidest, most irresponsible thing I've heard in a LONG time.

Hey dont shoot the messenger! Im just telling you all what I know about the module.