Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 9 - August 12-16th 2015 - Sign up now!

nice! will you have any extra XL shirts? I may just paypal you for the shirt since I am for sure not going to have the $$$ to go

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    nice! will you have any extra XL shirts? I may just paypal you for the shirt since I am for sure not going to have the $$$ to go
    WAIT..... does that mean.... money is the "only" issue at this point? Humm... Are you starting to get that little "twinge" I hinted at.... now that we're down to like 50 hours and counting?

Things "can" be arranged you know. It's not too late. C'mon.... you know you wanna!
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    C'mon.... you know you wanna!
    attendance is not optional for members of PL
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

WAIT..... does that mean.... money is the "only" issue at this point? Humm... Are you starting to get that little "twinge" I hinted at.... now that we're down to like 50 hours and counting?

Things "can" be arranged you know. It's not too late. C'mon.... you know you wanna!
    dude between gas and hotel, it's an expensive event... not counting the horrifically long drive (more than half of which is just leaving this endless state)

I could fly but then that's not cheap either, and still have to hotel etc... and plus I can't bring any toys (not that I have much left, still have the 1 mobo with the green and the empty one I got from you, plus my big projector which I don't even think we used last year)
    Last edited by flecom; 08-09-2015 at 22:16.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Forgot to post this earlier, but the shirts arrived on Friday! Here's what they look like:

I think Chris did a great job on the logo this year. Thanks Chris!

Adam
    It looks great!

No! Thank You Adam for all of your hard work.

$160 in gas, $500 hotel, $100 event, couple hundred in food, usually spend about $1k for SELEM and I just cant do it this year

I was working those numbers this morning and figured approximately the same for gas. Can you get to Orlando or Jax if we can figure out a ride? And start trying to find you room space? And.... keep in mind most every breakfast, lunch and dinner is covered between the hotel, X-Laser, Laserworld and me.
    PM Sent...

I was working those numbers this morning and figured approximately the same for gas. Can you get to Orlando or Jax if we can figure out a ride? And start trying to find you room space? And.... keep in mind most every breakfast, lunch and dinner is covered between the hotel, X-Laser, Laserworld and me.
    Sounds like Brad wants to have a Bro-mance with you. lol..

But in all seriousness... it would not be the same without ya. You were there the first year I was there and really helped me learn a good bit. And shocked the shit outta me with how much your big projector cost. That thing made some awesome reds!

^ Exactly my point. Franks been there my last 5 years and the various FLEM's I've been to. It just doesn't feel "right" without him there. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not made of money but, I'm willing to do what I can to nudge, persuade, kick, tempt, guilt him into, and assist with getting him to come. I can Paypal gas money. I can give up some of my accumulated free HIE nights. I'll query everyone and see if we can get him a cot or a sofa. Technically, if Frank was going to buy a shirt anyway and Adam sends Sean his, the actual registration for the event becomes a "wash" since regrettably Sean can't come.

I'd offer space in my room and I suppose if it comes down to it, I'd do it but... that's the one thing I'm a little funny about. I'm fine with sharing rooms for short events like FLEM (Frank, Aaron and ImagLight have all split rooms with me in the past) but, SELEM is my only real long vacation and break from life. I like, and need, that decompress time away from people. I tend to be up early and still take care of e-mails, phone calls and things for work while I'm there. I occasionally get up to go outside for a cigarette in the middle of the night. I may want to watch a movie or something and I don't want to disturb people or have to tip toe around out of respect for their sleep. The presence of another person makes you also feel as though you have to "entertain". Sometimes I just want the quiet time.

But nonetheless, I think this all can be pulled off if flecom is willing.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    But in all seriousness... it would not be the same without ya. You were there the first year I was there and really helped me learn a good bit. And shocked the shit outta me with how much your big projector cost. That thing made some awesome reds!
    Same here, I remember how great you projector looked up in the balcony watching Allthatwhichis beam shows. Made a wave of light that looked like you could surf on it. 2010 or 9 your first SELEM Brad?
    Last edited by polishedball; 08-10-2015 at 15:13.
    leading in trailing technology