Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 9 - August 12-16th 2015 - Sign up now!

SELEM was absolutely awesome this year! It was nice to see old friends and meet some new folks this year as well.

Saturday night will stick with me for a very long time and was absolutely the best SELEM experience for me. After most folks had left for the night, myself along with ekeefe, discothefunkyhippo, countfunkula and hanklloydright stayed in the auditorium for a couple hours of Pink Floyd. Countfunkula and I were adding to the show via the pair of Z-5's. It was an absolutely awesome time and I appreciate the folks who hung around! We were later joined by flecom and swamidog to finish out the night. I didn't get back to the hotel until after 4am!

Thanks buffo for putting on another fantastic event! I hope to see you all again next year!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Saturday night will stick with me for a very long time and was absolutely the best SELEM experience for me. After most folks had left for the night, myself along with ekeefe, discothefunkyhippo, countfunkula and hanklloydright stayed in the auditorium for a couple hours of Pink Floyd. Countfunkula and I were adding to the show via the pair of Z-5's. It was an absolutely awesome time and I appreciate the folks who hung around! We were later joined by flecom and swamidog to finish out the night. I didn't get back to the hotel until after 4am!
    And the video is where ?? had to be awesome, next year i'll be doing every night and take the returning monday off work.
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    And the video is where ?? had to be awesome, next year i'll be doing every night and take the returning monday off work.
    most of us were too exhausted to stand, let alone remember to work a video camera.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I was just skimming through my footage a minute ago. I'll start the process of uploading to Youtube soon. Regrettably some of it is really dark since there often isn't much light where the presentations are taking place. Laserjocks quad talk backstage is going to be pretty dim. Plus he had a black shirt on so he kind of blends with the background.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    SELEM was absolutely awesome this year! It was nice to see old friends and meet some new folks this year as well.

Thanks buffo for putting on another fantastic event! I hope to see you all again next year!
    I was there too... ear bleedingly loud pink floyd is a great way to end the night

anywho, another great selem, some bumps at the beginning but I had a lot of fun... great people, great lasers, great conversations, what else do you want?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

And to think.... you were going to skip it.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I was there too... ear bleedingly loud pink floyd is a great way to end the night
    I *almost* turned around and asked DZ to turn it down just a smidge -- it was on the verge of hurting my ears... but nah.. where's the fun in that?!?!?!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I *almost* turned around and asked DZ to turn it down just a smidge -- it was on the verge of hurting my ears... but nah.. where's the fun in that?!?!?!
    And yet the 1 gallon zip-lock bag full of ear-plugs that I brought to SELEM remained un-opened for the duration of the event! (They were sitting in the open on the first table as you walked in to the cafeteria area.)

That being said, sometimes you need the music to be loud! I wish I could have stayed awake to experience it with you guys. As it was I was completely wiped out. (To be honest, I'm still wiped out!)

I'd do it all again this coming weekend if I could though. What a great time!

Adam

I have to say this has been a weekend to remember. From getting the chance to play with SO MANY lasers (Thanks Adam and Rick and everyone else who setup), attempting to teach others how to use Beyond, goofing around in the RC simulator, and countless other memories, this was a highlight of my year.

I cannot wait to get involved with next years planning and I cannot begin to thank the people who helped me get to North Carolina, as well as Justin Perry from Pangolin for an incredible gift.
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -