Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 9 - August 12-16th 2015 - Sign up now!

I will have 6 or 7 abstract graphic shows and maybe 1 beam show depending on how the new projector goes. I think its about 30 minutes of content maybe 40. These are all LSX shows so it may be better served if we have an LSX time block where we can play everyone's LSX shows like we have done in the previous years. Although that block is getting bigger every year. We may need LSX day next year.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I will have 6 or 7 abstract graphic shows and maybe 1 beam show depending on how the new projector goes.
    Will the beam show require multiple controllers? Alternately, if it's only designed to run on a single controller, you will have the ability to send it to as many as 5 beam projectors if you want. Think about how you want to display the show so when your time slot comes up it will be easy for you to hook the cables up correctly.

These are all LSX shows so it may be better served if we have an LSX time block where we can play everyone's LSX shows like we have done in the previous years. Although that block is getting bigger every year. We may need LSX day next year.
    We plan to do that. The idea is to block out a larger time segment to run LSX shows from various laserists, just to limit the amount of controller swapping. (Same goes for shows that need to run on Pangolin controllers, or show that need to run off a sound-card DAC.) We may split it up into a couple blocks on different days to get a little variety though. It depends on how many requests for time slots we get.

Nevertheless, within a given LSX block, we will reserve a 45 minute segment for your stuff!

Thanks for the input!

Adam

Hail...

Anyone planning on driving up from Atlanta or nearby this year? I am not sure if I will have a working car (that will actually make it there, that is) by the time this rolls around, and I may or may not be able to get the g/f's car in this (how I made the mini-LEM this past year), so I am looking into alternate travel arrangements. I CAN, and WILL be able to chip in to help with gas and/or hotel accommodations... Just a heads up, as last mini-LEM I tried to rent a car and that turned into a disaster. If my g/f hadn't been able to leave work early and have nothing else planned, I would have missed that as well... Just need A AND B plans in place...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It's official. We have too much stuff. Or... we're getting old and too lazy to pack. But, thanks to swami's suggestion and Adam liking the idea, I've actually spent the afternoon researching storage facilities around Newton just to keep some of the stuff we only use at SELEM. Pathetic!! LOL

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    It's official. We have too much stuff. Or... we're getting old and too lazy to pack. But, thanks to swami's suggestion and Adam liking the idea, I've actually spent the afternoon researching storage facilities around Newton just to keep some of the stuff we only use at SELEM. Pathetic!! LOL
    the offer of using my garage to store your extra projectors still stands
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Payment sent.
    I added a note but just incase I wear a medium.

Thanks,
    Chris

Sigh... the mere fact that the calendar rolled over to May today just makes it all that much more exciting. To be able to say, "only three more months!" makes it "seem" not too far off!

Will each projector in The Club have individual control? Id love to get there day of load in and color balance and what not As well as prepare some live beam show pages to strut my stuff
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGarcia View Post
    Will each projector in The Club have individual control? Id love to get there day of load in and color balance and what not As well as prepare some live beam show pages to strut my stuff

Disclaimer: The Club is Adam's baby so this answer is totally speculative on my part.

With the number of projectors in the Club, my guess would be probably no. I'm not certain we collectively have quite enough controllers for that. I suspect several will be able to be mirrored and then pairs possibly on their own but, for example, I own about 24 projectors but only have 4 FB3's. I'd never even be able to do that.

HOWEVER... I have seen your work and, I personally feel we ALL need to see your work and have an opportunity to learn from how you're doing the amazing shows you're doing and, if Adam agrees, my suggestion would be we pick one day or evening and, I am happy to volunteer my time re-routing wires and using what ever controllers we have to help make that a reality. (And then put it back again.) Provided you do a seminar and teach us.

I swear! Its just playing along with the music nothing more to it than that
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -