Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 9 - August 12-16th 2015 - Sign up now!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yeah....And Swami just mashes buttons until pretty light comes out.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 05-02-2015 at 04:36.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    And Swami just mashes buttons until pretty light comes out.
    don't tell my secret!

Made my payment! I'm really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    don't tell my secret!
    Lol secrets out. I'm already stealing all of your clients
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGarcia View Post
    Will each projector in The Club have individual control? Id love to get there day of load in and color balance and what not
    Hey dude;

The plan is to have 6 matched Pluto II projectors on the main truss. Why 6? Because that's the number of outputs on the Advanced ILDA Router that DZ and Ed Keefe have created. If they are all identical, then color balance won't be an issue. (Though admittedly we could do color correction in the Advanced ILDA Router if we needed to.)

The idea is to run all 6 projectors off a single controller (or at worst, 2 controllers, since the Router has dual inputs). Then we will use DMX commands to perform chase, color change, rotation, and other effects on each of the 6 projectors.

The rest of the projectors in Club-SELEM will be on separate controllers, and depending on how many projectors and controllers we have present we will either set them up in singles, pairs, or small groups. We will have several other trusses, tripods, and T-stands available for extra projectors. Interestingly enough though, we may not have as many total projectors as we did last time. I just found out that JRM916 will not be bringing all his gear as originally planned. That may cost us four 3-watt RGB units. Hopefully we can make up for the loss from someone else...

All that being said, I would *WELCOME* your assistance with the setup. There is a lot of gear that needs to be placed in just 5 hours time, so the more the merrier!

As well as prepare some live beam show pages to strut my stuff
    I don't think you have an option on that score. You've already been "volunTOLD" to give everyone a demo of your live abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by KANG View Post
    Made my payment! I'm really looking forward to this!
    Got you added to the list!

Adam

Looked through this thread and didn't spot anything, is there any indication of what day the LSO course may be planned for this year?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It's actually the Monday after SELEM and held in the conference room at the Holiday Inn. Typically Greg will want people there at 8 am and plan to be there until about 5:30. Maybe 6 if you want to stay while he goes over the exam answers. You'll go out to lunch at the pizza buffet next door to the hotel. So, if you're planning on taking the course, you'll need to stay over Sunday night and arrange travel plans accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I will have 6 or 7 abstract graphic shows and maybe 1 beam show depending on how the new projector goes. I think its about 30 minutes of content maybe 40. These are all LSX shows so it may be better served if we have an LSX time block where we can play everyone's LSX shows like we have done in the previous years. Although that block is getting bigger every year. We may need LSX day next year.
    Awesome! New content to integrate into the schedule is most welcome, of course. DZ and I will make sure you're integrated into the schedule. For LSX hardware (DACs and PC unless you want to run off your own), Swamidog and I have you covered for up to 6 DAC shows (possibly more if required). I've also have the hardware to run up to 5 DAC beam shows for MIII if anyone has content to contribute on that front. Swami will be bringing lots of abstract shows including new material and I'll be bringing lots of beam shows (with new material as well). Combined with DZ's awesome content, the greatest stuff from the Pangolin front, and other contributions from other attendees, I know it'll be great fun (again)!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I'll be there on Wed around noon as well. The rig is growing, up to 7 total sources if you want them: Mobo + 4x Pluto II + 2x Venus II all on separate FB3. Would like to setup at least 5 if not all 7 Bounce mirrors like last year and maybe some fiber heads if I can get it together :P

Paypal coming soon to an account near you!

Alright got me a room over at the Trott House Inn. I'm all set.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981