Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Brad's next purchase... (Just kidding!)

That's awesome news, Chris! Sounds like you have the passion and experience to help your new company . . fly!

We'll have to ask you about employee discount situation at SELEM.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Congrats. Great news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I'm going to sidetrack a little here, as if this thread hasn't completely derailed.

Just incase some of you haven't heard. I was laid off 6/13 along with the other 40% of the company I used to work for. (They are in bad shape there.)
    As of 7/6 I'm working for a company called Hoverfly. They build industrial grade quadcopters for security, boarder patrol, military operation, agricultural inspection and anything else you can dream up. I was brought on as their Manufacturing Manager in charge of incoming inspection, material conformity, work station & fixture design, in process & final inspection. Also as they expand I will be supervising the new hires on the manufacturing floor. They are a new company and I am getting in on the ground floor.
    This is a dream come true for me since I love RC a little more than I love lasers. I've been flying RC for 16 years, worked at 2 hobby shops in the area and was the chief flight instructor at my club foe over 10 years. I'm also a full scale pilot. It don't get any better than that for them or me. I'm very happy to say that they are allowing me to take some vacation early in order to attend SELEM as well. They are a great group of guys. I feel like I belong there.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Chris
    leading in trailing technology

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes, that is great news. I had heard, through Adam but, not in the detail you discussed.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I think that was staged. Very bad acting.

Not 100% sure though.
    It may have been but, I went ahead and watched the unedited, not safe for work, version and hey.... it's nekked boobs. How bad can it be?
    PM Sent...

Derailing is not the slightest issue. I'm still fascinated that the Brad's next purchase thread has reached 6 pages! LOL

I'm going to figure out and post what's actually been bought since this thread started in April.

A few highlights:

New 5 watt RGB
    2 - 2.7 watt Lightspace Venus projectors
    4 watt Viasho 532 green module
    1 watt RGBLasersystems 445
    Omnisistem Beam Table
    1 TB external HD
    512gig SSD drive
    USB-WAVE device from DZ
    Advanced Laser Router (1 paid, 1 more committed)
    Portland LEM plane ticket
    I think 2 more Mobolazer ML-10's fit within this window of time. Maybe not. Maybe it was just that they were shipped to me during this window.

Other doo dads....

I am a very sick individual...
    PM Sent...

And funny enough, *I'm* the one who bought a 250 series FPV racing quad! Although mine won't be anywhere near as fast as the ones in the intro to this thread! Plus I didn't by a video system yet. (Want to get some flight time with it first, before I make the leap to FPV.)

That being said, yeah Brad - you have it worst than most! Thankfully you're willing to share at SELEM!

Adam

I've looked at Bangood several times about getting something for SELEM and just haven't pulled the trigger - it may be getting too late.

Speaking of derailing the thread.... how was the planetarium show last night?
    PM Sent...

Maybe i'll bring my homemade printed Y-6 running on audcopter. Anybody flying the little toys inside? also have a cheap Hubsan H107D FPV

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Derailing is not the slightest issue. I'm still fascinated that the Brad's next purchase thread has reached 6 pages! LOL

I'm going to figure out and post what's actually been bought since this thread started in April.

A few highlights:

New 5 watt RGB
    2 - 2.7 watt Lightspace Venus projectors
    4 watt Viasho 532 green module
    1 watt RGBLasersystems 445
    Omnisistem Beam Table
    1 TB external HD
    512gig SSD drive
    USB-WAVE device from DZ
    Advanced Laser Router (1 paid, 1 more committed)
    Portland LEM plane ticket
    I think 2 more Mobolazer ML-10's fit within this window of time. Maybe not. Maybe it was just that they were shipped to me during this window.

Other doo dads....

I am a very sick individual...
    shakes head and dreams.......
    leading in trailing technology

Thank you all for the kind words about my new job.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Maybe i'll bring my homemade printed Y-6 running on audcopter. Anybody flying the little toys inside? also have a cheap Hubsan H107D FPV

- - - Updated - - -

shakes head and dreams.......
    Yes I'll be bringing my small stuff to fly inside as well as my 250 FPV racer.
    I think Randy will be bringing some too.

Bring your stuff for sure.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Maybe i'll bring my homemade printed Y-6 running on audcopter.
    Bring it! RC gear will be a secondary focus this year, with most of the attention set on multi-rotor builds. We even plan to have a couple flight sim stations set up. I just bought a 250 series racing quad, and I hope to have it assembled in time for SELEM.

Anybody flying the little toys inside? also have a cheap Hubsan H107D FPV
    I have this same bird as well. Please bring yours. I had mine last year and flew it around quite a bit. I'll have several quads with me (including my 107), and I might bring one of my CP helis as well (small 200 series). Chris is going to be bringing some larger stuff, including a *nice* FPV rig. I've got an inverter and a 40 inch TV that we can hook up to his goggles to watch the action from the back of my Jeep even when we are parked in the field across the street!

Adam