Thread: Handy sized CO2 laser on ebay

Default Handy sized CO2 laser on ebay

Just spotted this little beastie on ebay

This is a late-'70s gas transport laser, the type invented by Jack Foster I mentioned in the thread about the Avco nitrogen head. There is an older one at BMI Surplus I've had my eye on for years now, with the same colors but I believe with the GTE Sylvania name on it. Waaay too heavy for me to deal with now. I'd have to do some landscaping, install a gate, and erect a shed to house it! Or leave my car out in the Arizona sun all the time. Might end up having to do that anyway, the way things are going.

You have a gallery showing all your museum pieces?

It's all on a private Google Site. PM me a gmail address and I'll put it on the viewing list. Other types of email addresses may or may not work. Highest resolution pics are on this forum though. For best pics, search for my started threads. To see them chronologically, try the site which also has an index and a bibliography. Other than that, everything is on shelves or in display cases around my house and now starting to fill the garage.

The big door makes it look like an autoclave or a vacuum furnace. Was this a transverse or longitudinal discharge?

Transverse. Big roots blower underneath to recirculate.

I kinda wonder why it is not working. It is a pretty simple system.

“Unit was removed working from a University Lab, Laser has been sitting for 4 years, Sold as is, as ”
    If it realy was working then they may simply be covering their rear ends and don't know how to fire it up. Might want to ask seller if he would reveal the lab. They might be willing to discuss.