Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad's next purchase... (Just kidding!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I found myself occasionally cocking my head to one side or the other watching this in a 27" monitor in sync with the quad.
    I've been known to use a little body English when flying too. It's normal. The problem is, when you wear goggles, tilting your head tilts the monitor too. Net result nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    "You know, the three most desired things I think we all want to do is see how high, how fast and how low to the ground we can fly these things."
    Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yup, I was thinking the same thing! Chris seems to have nailed all three with this video.
    Well lets just say they can do a hell of a lot more of all three. That was my first time flying at that park and I didn't want to go too crazy since I didn't know the area.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Great soundtrack!

Fly Away by Rubberlips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU53JZWA_jU
    I'm glad you like it. I wish I could say I'm a huge fan, but honestly I never heard it before yesterday. I chose it based on a YouTube audio search for flying and songs that fit the video length. I thought it fit the type of flying I was doing so.....

Chris

Smile

Awesome video, Chris!

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to spend more money on a quad with FPV capabilities. My only concern is the learning curve. To date I haven't been very successful with my existing FPV setup, and before I drop $700 on another bird + stereo cameras and goggles, I'd like to be sure I won't get frustrated with my lack of progress and quit. But I must admit that your video is most inspiring!

Can't wait to see this in real-time on a 40 inch screen at SELEM!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    This is the sort of thing that makes me want to spend more money on a quad with FPV capabilities. My only concern is the learning curve. To date I haven't been very successful with my existing FPV setup, and before I drop $700 on another bird + stereo cameras and goggles, I'd like to be sure I won't get frustrated with my lack of progress and quit. But I must admit that your video is most inspiring!
    So my evil plan is working! Muwa ha ha.
    Now I just need to get you to buy it. If you like it great I succeeded. If you don't like it I offer you half of what you paid for it and I succeeded.
    See how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Can't wait to see this in real-time on a 40 inch screen at SELEM!

Adam
    Note that on the big screen it will be composite video not high def. The camera records in high def but the video output isn't. Also there will be interference as I fly.
    I don't want to set expectations too high.

It's interesting to note that GoPro have announced they're going to start producing a quadcopter:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/27/86...f-of-next-year

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    So my evil plan is working! Muwa ha ha.
    Now I just need to get you to buy it. If you like it great I succeeded. If you don't like it I offer you half of what you paid for it and I succeeded.
    HAHA! Priceless! (And just like a true movie villain, you've laid out your entire plan in advance.)

Honestly, I've been flying more with my little Hubsan 107D just to see if I can get the hang of this FPV stuff, and I've learned that a lot of my difficulty stems from the fact that the 107D is too small, too under-powered, and far too heavy (when flying with a 500 ma battery at least). I'm constantly making adjustments just to maintain altitude, and it "skids" a lot in the turns due to it's low power-to-weight ratio. I'm starting to think that a proper 250-series quad wouldn't suffer from these problems nearly as much.

Still not quite ready to drop a bunch of money into the setup, but I am thinking about it. Though admittedly, "budgetary approval" will be almost as challenging as learning to fly...

Adam

Adam,
    I wish I was able to plan that far in advance like a movie villain. Just think of me as the little evil devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear. I'm here to help you. Yea help you.

Personally I have a hard time flying through a monitor. The goggles make it so much easier. My guess is because the goggles block out everything except the screen. Nothing in your peripheral vision to distract you. Think back to when you flew my machine at FLEM. It was easier right? Forget the fact that you were flying someone else's quadcopter, in a location you haven't flown before, with people watching....never mind. Lol

Chris

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm finding a little humor in the fact that a thread entitled "Brad's Next Purchase..." has hit four pages and I haven't bought anything yet.

I've been damn close though and.... I'm fairly confident in saying I'll at least have googles by SELEM. I'm slightly torn at this point. I don't share buffo's desire to "have" to get 3D. I'm leaning towards the same one's Chris has but yet, truth be told, I rarely fly my own quads around here so, I'm wondering about a slightly less expensive pair and possibly one of the kits that has the camera and goggles together. (And using the big 3' in diameter quad for awhile.) Like this perhaps:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...d_5_8G_TX.html

although, I'm not certain what I'm missing by not having "head tracking".
    PM Sent...

I'm just surprised you haven't bought any lasers during the course of this thread!

You've not been paying attention. I got a 300mW 671nm module from Phritzler. I got all the stuff to build two 3-4 watt 638nm modules from Humphrys - diodes, mounts drivers, lenses, pbs cubes, etc. I need to pay sbk for a 4watt 532 and blue module I committed to last week.

And... another 150' of DMX cable, several new ILDA cables, some fancy optic cleaning stuff, a couple 3 channel drivers.....
    PM Sent...

oh yeah... and an FB3
    PM Sent...