Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Innolasers/LSX - amazing fast delivery and great service

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ron's email is legit. i have seen the order details.

ron -

let me know if you've gotten protected show playback to work. i can email you the proper etherdream dll if you're still having problems. also, there are a bunch of us LSX folks in the PL chat room (IRC). feel free to stop in and we'll help get you up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    norty,

Although I may be a new user on this forum, that does not necessarily mean that I'm new to the business. In fact, as a laserist for Laserium starting in 1978, I have performed shows for literally MILLIONS of people over the years. If your only standard for being able to post an opinion, and have it taken seriously, are the number of posts one has made, or the number of years one has been a member of the forum (as opposed to a "guest" which I've done for several years), then I guess that I'm guilty and you can ignore whatever I post.

I don't want to start a flame war with you. I enjoy your posts and hope that you will continue posting. Please though, have some consideration of OTHER people's posts, even if we SEEM like noobs to you, it may not be the case. I'm not a shill for Andrew. I bought, he shipped, and he's been answering my emails. I thought I'd add something positive to the conversation. Period.

Ron
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Let's provide some context here. LSX is $350 for the highest level. I don't expect someone to sit by the phone 24x7 for my $350 investment. Compare this to other (fairer) comparisons like Phoenix Pro level. (Yes I know Bill is always there by the phone at 3am when you need him or just want to chat.) .

With these savings come some delays with some (many) deliveries, but my dozen orders took about two weeks. Sometimes it's longer for folks. Sometimes MUCH longer and those are the most vocal, but to the best of my knowledge Andrew has always delivered, often times with free upgrades to help make up for the delay. Those folks suddenly aren't so vocal. . .

Steve: Politely, if you need someone to front you $350 or less, might I suggest you shouldn't be a laserist.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Let's provide some context here. LSX is $350 for the highest level. I don't expect someone to sit by the phone 24x7 for my $350 investment. Compare this to other (fairer) comparisons like Phoenix Pro level. (Yes I know Bill is always there by the phone at 3am when you need him or just want to chat.) .

With these savings come some delays with some (many) deliveries, but my dozen orders took about two weeks. Sometimes it's longer for folks. Sometimes MUCH longer and those are the most vocal, but to the best of my knowledge Andrew has always delivered, often times with free upgrades to help make up for the delay. Those folks suddenly aren't so vocal. . .

Steve: Politely, if you need someone to front you $350 or less, might I suggest you shouldn't be a laserist.

David
    I just can't subscribe to that though. I have ordered $20 worth of bits from Andy_con and they showed up on time, $100 worth of stuff from Steve (Photonbeam), stuff from Pat, countless items from Jordan.... All have shown up on time, or in Jordan's case, way sooner than expected! It's been said many times before that if Andrew can't get stuff out on time, why not have someone, who is willing, distribute? I have personally never had to wait long for stuff from Andrew and I am very grateful that Andrew shipped all my items on time but it sucks to see so many other colleagues get sub-par service. The cost shouldn't matter.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

David
    David,

Can I suggest you shouldn't post offensive remarks. The story is, the last order from Andrew took over 15 months to get the correct boards in my hands, that's about 30 PMs and emails. I DON'T need someone to pay the money, in fact I have the money here, I just want someone to keep it in their bank account until my delivery arrives. The fact is I don't care if they put it in their savings account or anything else, I just want them to keep the money safe so it doesn't go to Andrew to sit in his bank account for nearly a year and a half before I receive my goods. I think anyone can see why I am reluctant to just give him the money so he can ship when he is "in the mood".

Steve

Maybe now is the time to buy since people are having good luck with Andrew. I have noticed has goes through phases of short delivery times and phases of longer delivery times.

Even in times of long delivery I have always received my goods from Andrew. It did not take 30 PMs and emails. It took patience. Is it right that is takes so long probably not. Is it right that communication is lacking probably not. But is it worth the wait to have a stellar program like LSX. YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserhobbit View Post
    David,

Can I suggest you shouldn't post offensive remarks. The story is, the last order from Andrew took over 15 months to get the correct boards in my hands, that's about 30 PMs and emails. I DON'T need someone to pay the money, in fact I have the money here, I just want someone to keep it in their bank account until my delivery arrives. The fact is I don't care if they put it in their savings account or anything else, I just want them to keep the money safe so it doesn't go to Andrew to sit in his bank account for nearly a year and a half before I receive my goods. I think anyone can see why I am reluctant to just give him the money so he can ship when he is "in the mood".

Steve
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

SaltyRobot,

I agree and all I was trying to do was suggest a suitable solution, if no one agrees then that is fine, I will not be upset. I just don't have the patience and time to deal with spending money and then having to wait so long and put so much effort in. My suggested way would mean that `Andrew could be confident the third party had the money and would pass it over immediately I received the goods, a kind of "safe deposit". But I respect that if I am the only one who sees merit in this that fine, after all I was asking for somebody's help and it is their choice to help or not. No hard feelings to anyone.

Cheers

Steve

David,

Can I suggest you shouldn't post offensive remarks.
    How is it offensive that suggesting that if someone can't front or won't wait for $350 or less of laser products makes them a poor candidate for being a laserist? After a wide range of service levels and more spending than I'd like to admit over the past 20 years, I stand by the statement as factual. (I'll accept that it is a slightly "cheeky" comment however! ) Besides, doesn't PL's "offensive starting point" require direct name calling (which I have zero intention of doing to anyone at anytime)?

The story is, the last order from Andrew took over 15 months to get the correct boards in my hands, that's about 30 PMs and emails. I DON'T need someone to pay the money, in fact I have the money here, I just want someone to keep it in their bank account until my delivery arrives. The fact is I don't care if they put it in their savings account or anything else, I just want them to keep the money safe so it doesn't go to Andrew to sit in his bank account for nearly a year and a half before I receive my goods. I think anyone can see why I am reluctant to just give him the money so he can ship when he is "in the mood".
    I wasn't seriously questioning your financial viability and yes, everyone agrees that 15 months for product delivery is absurd. I'm sure there is more to the story than Andrew 'just didn't feel like shipping' or wanted to rack up a few bucks in interest before shipping product to you, though. There's always at least two sides to such events and we've only heard the one. Belaboring your one unsatisfying experience with Innolasers by requesting someone else to front the money for your order or to hold your funds in escrow until Andrew gets your package in the mail is a bit silly.

Regular readers of PL know Andrew's delivery times vary widely, although the vast majority are reasonable from what I have seen. This is no excuse for excessive delivery times and can certainly understand that your prior experience may dissuade you from making further purchases from Innolasers. If I were you, I would not purchase time sensitive materials from Innolasers just in case you draw the excessive delayed card again. Thankfully, we have several vendors that sell software, diodes, drivers, optics, electronics, DACs, etc. We all make choices that best fit our budget, technical requirements, skills, and time frames. (Unless you are Brad in which case, you just buy everything . . )

Warm Regards (and no offense to anyone),

-David

How is it offensive that suggesting that if someone can't front or won't wait for $350 or less of laser products makes them a poor candidate for being a laserist? After a wide range of service levels and more spending than I'd like to admit over the past 20 years, I stand by the statement as factual. (I'll accept that it is a slightly "cheeky" comment however! ) Besides, doesn't PL's "offensive starting point" require direct name calling (which I have zero intention of doing to anyone at anytime)?

I wasn't seriously questioning your financial viability and yes, everyone agrees that 15 months for product delivery is absurd. I'm sure there is more to the story than Andrew 'just didn't feel like shipping' or wanted to rack up a few bucks in interest before shipping product to you, though. There's always at least two sides to such events and we've only heard the one. Belaboring your one unsatisfying experience with Innolasers by requesting someone else to front the money for your order or to hold your funds in escrow until Andrew gets your package in the mail is a bit silly.

Regular readers of PL know Andrew's delivery times vary widely, although the vast majority are reasonable from what I have seen. This is no excuse for excessive delivery times and can certainly understand that your prior experience may dissuade you from making further purchases from Innolasers. If I were you, I would not purchase time sensitive materials from Innolasers just in case you draw the excessive delayed card again. Thankfully, we have several vendors that sell software, diodes, drivers, optics, electronics, DACs, etc. We all make choices that best fit our budget, technical requirements, skills, and time frames. (Unless you are Brad in which case, you just buy everything . . )

Warm Regards (and no offense to anyone),

-David
    Ok,

If generally it is seen as silly, I have my answer and thanks to anyone who considered it, silly or otherwise. At least now David you have paid me the honour of at least trying to understand that I am not asking anyone to pay for anything on my behalf, just asking for a third party to help. I guess if this means I don't get to see the wonders of LSX then that, as you rightly say, is my choice.

Cheers

Steve

I think that the problem is that although 'we' the PL users know what the situation is, unsuspecting non forum users do not.
    We have more than one user who came here after being let down and Google searches brought them here.
    It is simply a poor way to do business 'reasons' or not, particularly when some orders appear to be delayed whilst others are flying out of the door.

And the comms seem to leave a lot to be desired based on what people are saying.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Ok,

If generally it is seen as silly, I have my answer and thanks to anyone who considered it, silly or otherwise. At least now David you have paid me the honour of at least trying to understand that I am not asking anyone to pay for anything on my behalf, just asking for a third party to help. I guess if this means I don't get to see the wonders of LSX then that, as you rightly say, is my choice.

Cheers

Steve
    Thanks, Steve. For LSX, personally, I would take the chance of spending $350 or less for LSX with the possibility of having to wait multiple months. I rank my LSX purchase as the best value I've received in the laser world. And to reemphasize SaltyRobot's comment, Andrew is attentive at the moment, so you chances of getting a timely delivery and related responses are reasonably good at the moment. (I've exchanged emails a couple times with him in the past week, myself.)

As you said, the decision is yours, though.

Cheers,

-David