Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy Compact 506 Complete Set

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    Thanks to those who already picked up a set. We have about 15 left.

Cheers!
    I placed my order today, count me in!

Just a quick update: We're down to around 12 sets, and I got a PM from someone who may way 6-8 sets. So assuming that happens we have 4-6 sets left.

Thanks again to those who picked up a set. We hope you love them!

Just received my board and scanner. Beautiful job, great packaging. Is the I/O pin-out on the schematic correct, or is the board correct? +12 GND -12 does not jibe with the schematic. Also do you have the part number for the connectors? I get the ILDA output assignments, but what is Gnd/Ena/Flt for? Also simple instructions would be nice. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Just received my board and scanner. Beautiful job, great packaging. Is the I/O pin-out on the schematic correct, or is the board correct? +12 GND -12 does not jibe with the schematic. Also do you have the part number for the connectors? I get the ILDA output assignments, but what is Gnd/Ena/Flt for? Also simple instructions would be nice. Thanks!
    This is all covered in the documentation that was supposed to come with your scanner set, I apologize if the person shipping forgot to include it. You can download the documentation here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XASASM506LP Reference Guide.pdf 
Views:	75 
Size:	388.9 KB 
ID:	47229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanMax Driver v0.4 assembly MECHANICAL.PDF 
Views:	102 
Size:	301.6 KB 
ID:	47230

Thanks! I can not wait to try them out.

Just ordered my set. Planning to swap them into my old home-built ~3W RGB which will benefit from the 4mm aperture. The displaced Cambridge 6215 scanset will be available soon

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    Just ordered my set. Planning to swap them into my old home-built ~3W RGB which will benefit from the 4mm aperture. The displaced Cambridge 6215 scanset will be available soon
    i have always wondered what it would be like programming abstract shows at 60k...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

i have always wondered what it would be like programming abstract shows at 60k...
    I run my abstracts at 50k on my 506's, but i suspect the DT40 amps might be able to drive them harder.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I run my abstracts at 50k on my 506's, but i suspect the DT40 amps might be able to drive them harder.
    very interesting... i wonder how that works with the x-laser amps. fed-ex dropped off a little package for me yesterday, but it will be a while before i have to time to test it out.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I submitted an order as I've got another set of galvos that runs in a high temp environment that I'm starting to get concerned about failing soon. The 506's should handle a good thrashing in high ambient temps without wincing.

I'd like to get two more sets to replace some beam projectors with DT-30s , but I can't justify the fundage at the moment as they are ticking along nicely. . .

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"