Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy Compact 506 Complete Set

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    very interesting... i wonder how that works with the x-laser amps. fed-ex dropped off a little package for me yesterday, but it will be a while before i have to time to test it out.
    To be frank, these are low power amplifiers designed to do 30K happily and with some headroom, then with the goal of preserving linearity at larger angles over pure speed, so I don't have high expectations at 50-60K especially with those big mirrors. That being said, if you would like to send us some of your excellent content to test here in our shop we can try tuning a set for speed and send you some video of what the result looks like once Andrew gets back from his short vacation later this week. I admit that I'm damn curious as well.
    Last edited by araugh; 06-03-2015 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I submitted an order as I've got another set of galvos that runs in a high temp environment that I'm starting to get concerned about failing soon. The 506's should handle a good thrashing in high ambient temps without wincing.
    Bill and his team have really outdone themselves with the compact-506's, especially when it comes to thermal management. They're really amazingly cool in every sense of the word. Due to a last minute issue with our mill in house prior to LDI last year we had to 3D print a galvo riser for one of the units we demonstrated at LDI last year out of ABS to hold the galvos in place during shipping. When we got on site we forgot to replace the riser with an aluminum one, this projector ran for 9 hours a day for 4 days continuously under sub-ideal conditions but the galvos had no heat issues at all despite not being thermally coupled to the baseplate and heat sink.

Really impressive bit of engineering by Pangolin.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    To be frank, these are low power amplifiers designed to do 30K happily and with some headroom, then with the goal of preserving linearity at larger angles over pure speed, so I don't have high expectations at 50-60K especially with those big mirrors. That being said, if you would like to send us some of your excellent content to test here in our shop we can try tuning a set for speed and send you some video of what the result looks like once Andrew gets back from his short vacation later this week. I admit that I'm damn curious as well.
    i can make that happen, or if you're going to be at SELEM, we can try some stuff straight out of LSX without having to deal with ILDA export/import.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

The hope is absolutely to be at SELEM, unfortunately I have another trip scheduled at the same time I'm trying to move around. We'll get it done one way or another, it's a good data point to have.

EDIT: I know words
    Last edited by araugh; 06-03-2015 at 13:54.

The hope absolutely to be at SELEM, unfortunately I have another trip scheduled at the same time I'm trying to move around. We'll get it done one way or another, it's a good data point to have.
    yes. absolutely.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That's also of course DJ Expo week in Atlantic City. I know that always makes it tough on X-Laser since the show ends Thursday. Hoping ya'll can make it down though, as this is shaping up to be a pretty intense 4 days. Maybe more so than usual.
    PM Sent...

excellently packed and the amp is "tiny".

however, a male connector to power the amp was not included. can you confirm that this is what i need?

http://www.amazon.com/10pcs-JST-XH-B...+two+connector

That is the connector, though unless I'm missing it the amazon page isn't providing what gauge the wire is. 18-24 is ideal. The polarity on the pictured cable is correct. These are also compatible with JST-NR connectors for anyone that prefers IDC connectors over crimp.

That is the connector, though unless I'm missing it the amazon page isn't providing what gauge the wire is. 18-24 is ideal. The polarity on the pictured cable is correct. These are also compatible with JST-NR connectors for anyone that prefers IDC connectors over crimp.
    where there supposed to be included cables for X+/X- and Y+/Y- input to the amps? the only cables that came with my set are those to get between the amps and the galvos.

if i need to roll my own, what connectors do i need? i think it would have been helpful to note the signal input and power cables were not included (or better yet include them) as i could have ordered the parts in advance and been building and testing this weekend.

Apologies, but they are not included and not listed as being included on the sale page or in the photo. There are two ways to connect the input signal, you can either use the two four position JST-XH connectors or the TE 1-338068-2 combined IO connector. Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep it in mind for any future sales