Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy Compact 506 Complete Set

Default Group Buy Compact 506 Complete Set

Hi guys,

This is a feeler for a group buy for a complete set of Compact 506's. A number of people have asked us to make a complete set available and it looks like we will have the opportunity to do that. We have a nice set of amps done, cables, etc. and can get a batch of them made to go with some of the 506's we have it stock.

I am looking to gauge interest to see who might be interested. Cost will run close to what a set of DT-40's does, probably bit less in quantity. We are probably going to have to limit it at about 20 sets based upon available stock. Let me know!

Thanks!

I would be interested in a few sets (depending on final price). I would like the bigger mirrors since these will be for a few multimode diode projectors I have and the beam size is pretty big

Johnathon Vigrass

They have a 4mm beam aperture and they fit our multi-diode sources pretty well, so unless you have BIG beams it should be fine. =)

I'm interested in a couple sets… what's the price? Like the cost of DT-40's in China or with the stateside markup? I'm building 4, 30watters right now and if the price is right, I'll use these…

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    They have a 4mm beam aperture and they fit our multi-diode sources pretty well, so unless you have BIG beams it should be fine. =)
    4mm is perfect.

BTW... the 506s in my X-laser projector are great. So I can vouch for the amps. I can only assume its the same amps?

I think we are going to have to set retail for these at about $550 when it is all said and done. As I'm sure you would expect, the costs are highly variable depending on how the individual components are built together, and in what quantity.

Assuming we can hit a quantity around 20 sets manufactured at once, we can get it down to $475. If our costs come in higher we'll eat the difference and learn for next time.

Yes, it is the same set that we use in a number of our lasers, including the new Sparks.

I think I'm good for 3 sets.
    What is delivery time? I need these for a show in early July.
    PSU is +-24V, right?
    I need a custom length for one of the cable lengths (33"); can this be done?

Thanks for doing this!

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Sorry for the delayed response Clickamouse, I don't get around here much anymore unfortunately.

My name is Adam, I'm the general manager at X-Laser and can answer a few of the more technical questions that Dan doesn't know off the top of his head.

These units are in stock and ready to go, the day the group buy is done we can ship out of Maryland.
    PSU is actually +12VDC only, recommended 5A
    As for the cable length, you can try it but we do not guarantee it. We'd be happy to include the crimp connectors and housings to make your own 33" cable set if you'd like.

Here's a quick picture for anyone wondering the size of the system:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1711.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	47103

Included in each set is a compact 506 4mm aperture set, dual axis driver with heat spreader, 2 cables and a piece of laser cut kapton film with thermal transfer coating.

Solidworks files are available.

Thanks, Adam; I am an experienced crimper and appreciate the offer. 35" of cable and some connectors and housings and I should be good to go.

Any idea when you will close the group buy and declare the final price?

Thanks much...Mike
    Runs with Lasers