Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 635nm Laser diodes

Not sure about beam quality with those, but the wide divergence angle is equal for three stripe widths according to the datasheet for the 650 nm 300 mW diode. That datasheet covers three diodes, stripe widths of 50µm, 100µm and 150µm. The big ones might have three seperate 50µm emitters, so I doubt the 50µm diode will be any better for beam quality. Marconi's diodes seem to manage it by being longer as well as wider in active area. I still need to know what kind of lensing a Maxyzmodule uses before I can understand this better though.

Aijii, those diodes are an even better candidate to explain the laser in your own eBay listing. (See thread I linked to just now, last post, if you are not sure what I mean). Is this what you're trying to find out? To see what was used in that laser? There are other clues: That TE that buffo and me both think looked like someone fell asleep while typing TEMxx probaly really is TE, but nothing to do with the beam's transverse excitation mode, but the polarisation, as explained here: http://intec.rug.ac.be/picco/fetch.asp?ID=37

Even if those aren't the diodes used in the laser in your listing, it's likely that they're what Lasever use. They even have that unusually low 5000 hour MTTF I questioned in that other thread. They must be a very recently developed diode. I think that means you have your answer. The beam quality would be similar to what you've already seen in your laser, same as with the Lasever ones. I was going to link to the Lasever ones but can't find the link..
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 05-03-2007 at 13:24.

Hi!

With that lens the output aperture is 2°x 9° BUT the price for one lens is ~ 400 USD. So it is not cheap.

Best regards