Thread: Non-licensed version of Beyond

Default Non-licensed version of Beyond

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't find a thread for it. Does anyone know if there is an output-disabled version of Beyond that is not tied to a device serial? I want to start learning PangoScript as well as work on content while I am away from home. My version of Beyond is tied to my QM card and there is no way for me to authenticate Beyond on a laptop (without a QM-Net). I can't exactly lug my desktop around. If not, is there a way to, through my home network, authenticate Beyond on my laptop with my QM card in my Pagolin PC so I can, at least, launch the program to do work? Any ideas?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Email Bill and explain what you want to do. All my FB3 are in stage boxes which live in the lockup so it's a pain to have to power them up and get Ethernet cable and get them from the lockup, so he provided me a solution.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Beyond should work for 14 days without connection to a DAC before it complains. I'll fire up Beyond attached to a licensed DAC and then just close it down. Now I'm good to go for 14 days... Will that not work for your circumstances?

Thanks, Norty. I may have found a solution that will work for now. I set up RDP on my Pangolin PC and will just dial into it remotely. If this fails to work, I will indeed email Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    Will that not work for your circumstances?
    Not for me because my Beyond installation authenticates from my QM card. Since the QM card is a PCI card, I can't use it for my laptop. Beyond needs to see the hardware upon first startup... That's the problem I am having. For PangoScript, I think I can play with that via RDP, provided that the output window will show up via RDP. I am going to give that a go today.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.