Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 9 Scheduling: Lasershow Content Requests

Agreed! I usually corner Chris every year and make him play it. It's also a staple show at the Florida meets.

Love the concept and the execution!

Adam

Thank you for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I've got about 3 hours of good (at least in my opinion) beam material sourced from Medialas and LSX stock shows that I converted for a 6 projector / DAC environment and another hour or more material (beam along with some graphics and abstract) material written by Galvonaut and myself. I'll want to use the raisable scrim that Brad described for some of this material, so I think we will have to coordinate higher fog times and scrim sections versus low fog with no scrim for the abstract / graphic sections.

Salty and Swami: Maybe we can switch off between beam material and abstract material every half hour or so on Friday and Saturday evenings / nights to keep things diverse?

Brad: I hear you on setting up and running your material from Club SELEM, but selfishly, I want to see it myself. Perhaps we can schedule it at a time where more of us can get to the Club. . Also, in addition to the plethora of wonderful "photon-throwers" you bring, I would be most appreciative if you bring lots of long ILDA cables as we will need at least 8 long runs. I will bring some and buy more as necessary myself.

What about graphics / planetarium material? I'd like to see Mike Dunn's material of course as well as Pink Floyd. What other favorites would folks like to see from DZ's and other's vast stockpile?

-David
    I totally don't mind going round robin and switching on and off. This year my content has gotten to a point where I will need to use my own laptop instead of giving you or Chris my files.

From DZ list I would like to see what you have mentioned as well as the Metallica Show which is one of my favorites. I think last year the Metallica time conflicted with a presentation and I only saw the last couple songs which was a bummer. Not saying it won't happen the same way this year but am hoping there is no conflict. Smashing Pumpkins is a pretty good show as well

Also to keep content playing round the clock. I would recommend playing like beatles, enya, Arrowsmith and U2 during popular presentation times if possible. Maybe no one will watch them maybe only one or two people will watch them but at least it gives people the chance to watch content while the majority are at a presentation. Just trying to think how to have shows running around the clock for someone who may be new or not interested in attending presentations.

I also think in the morning from say 10-11 or noon have no shows scheduled and deem this setup/calibration time each day for anyone playing personal shows. This way we don't bog down the evening shows with setup time. I think this could also help us adhear to the schedule better. If I know the Metallica show is at 2pm I wouldn't want to come in and see myself setting up my LSX environment and delay the show 30 minutes for the new guys that are attending for the first year.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Will there be the ability to playback dual Wav show 16 chan adat? Also I am guessing DSLI_jon will give permission to playback some laserium stuff that is in my collection, so some might wanna see that.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Will there be the ability to playback dual Wav show 16 chan adat? Also I am guessing DSLI_jon will give permission to playback some laserium stuff that is in my collection, so some might wanna see that.
    Are these already in wave format on a PC? If so, I have a solution for that!

http://aldebaran-systems.com/16chwave.htm

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I totally don't mind going round robin and switching on and off. This year my content has gotten to a point where I will need to use my own laptop instead of giving you or Chris my files.
    sure. any way you want to roll with thngs. we don't even need additional db25's or dacs.

any machine running LSX can talk to any etherdream on that network so no cable switching is necessary.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Lov the F&@k show... One of my favorites...
    Explain. I probably won't be there this year.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

PM Sent...

Okay. I've seen that before. Now I'm curious what the show looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    Okay. I've seen that before. Now I'm curious what the show looks like.
    I used the same graphics you saw in the video. There were some minor changes for artistic purposes and I eliminated the scratched film look. The scanners didn't like that at all, but otherwise it is exactly the same.