Please find below the current auditorium schedule:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM 9 Auditorium Schedule.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	47995

-David

ORIGINAL POST:
    While DZ is busy soldering away on his latest contributions to the laser world, I wanted to reach out to SELEM attendees to request content that you would like to see or contribute to for display at SELEM 9 (Aug 2015).

Like prior SELEMs, there are two main venues for watching laser show content at SELEM. The auditorium, which features planetarium-type graphic shows, pre-choreographed abstract shows and multi-head pre-choreographed beam shows. SELEM's other main venue, known as Club SELEM, features laser content which is produced in real time as well as pre-choreographed beam shows replicated across many projectors. (When in doubt as to which venue is best suited for what, the content made for 'thumpy-thumpy' music generally ends up in Club SELEM.)

In order to maximize the use of both of these outstanding venues, we are soliciting content and requests for content early so that we may draft a schedule accordingly. Both Club SELEM and the auditorium will have a wide variety of content control options (software packages, DACs and other related control hardware).

For those of you who have not been to SELEM or submitted / requested content previously, the auditorium can accommodate shows submitted in ADAT format, Wave, Pangolin (Beyond or Showtime), LSX, Spaghetti, Medialas MIII, straight ILDA format dumps as well as other formats. In order to facilitate the steady viewing of content, set-up and testing during designated set-up hours is required for anyone planning to run content.

Club SELEM is a bit more flexible, allowing for less experienced SELEM members to take control of the environment for a real-time show or just sit back and enjoy seeing some very talented laserists create beautiful sites with both coherent light and club lighting. To submit or request blocks of pre-made content for Club SELEM should notify Adam (Buffo).

For those of you requesting, submitting or wishing to play content in the auditorium, please reach out to DZ and myself so that we can ensure things are properly included on the schedule. We will need to know format of content (i.e. the required laser software), total length and music style.

Thanks in advance for your contributions!

-David (dkumpula) and David (DZ)
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-02-2015 at 06:47.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

It's been a couple weeks now, and still no requests for time?

Reminder people: we want to stick to a schedule. That means we need to decide ahead of time what we will run! (It also means if your name is on the schedule, you need to be present during set-up to make sure your stuff works.)

I guess I will start then. I'd like 45 minutes to run what I like to call "the best of Pangolin beam shows". We're only talking about 7 or 8 shows, so if the shows I select end up doubling-up with other people's selections it's not a huge deal. I just want to see a few of my favorites in the Auditorium.

Anyone else?

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    It's been a couple weeks now, and still no requests for time?

Reminder people: we want to stick to a schedule. That means we need to decide ahead of time what we will run! (It also means if your name is on the schedule, you need to be present during set-up to make sure your stuff works.)

I guess I will start then. I'd like 45 minutes to run what I like to call "the best of Pangolin beam shows". We're only talking about 7 or 8 shows, so if the shows I select end up doubling-up with other people's selections it's not a huge deal. I just want to see a few of my favorites in the Auditorium.

Anyone else?

Adam
    i'd like about 90 minutes, so i can talk a little and run shows. single graphics/abstract projector running from my laptop and etherdream dac.
    style of music.. er.. world music, brass & swing, and electronic.
    how about 8pm on friday?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I would like 1 hour to show some LSX shows. Mostly graphics but I am toying around with a beam show but not sure if it will happen or not. Might make sense to have me go before Chris to fill up an LSX block one evening?
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've begun to build up a collection of my own Quickshow shows that I'd like to potentially share and while I'd like to do them in the auditorium, I suspect Club SELEM is going to be an easier venue as I'd like to display them as intended - which means how I set them up in my venue and the Club is going to probably afford the least amount of wire switching as set up.

I don't HAVE to run them.... I know what they look like but, I'd kinda like the opportunity to show them off. I just finished Uptown Funk this morning and played it for my bi-annual sales demo to a bunch of brides tonight. Turned out great but, my dumb ass didn't realize one projector wasn't turned on until after watching the video. They were blown away anyway but, being a perfectionist, I'd like to have them all back so I can run it again! I'm about a minute and a half into Jessie J's Bang Bang as well and hope to knock that out this week.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I would like 1 hour to show some LSX shows. Mostly graphics but I am toying around with a beam show but not sure if it will happen or not. Might make sense to have me go before Chris to fill up an LSX block one evening?
    I've got about 3 hours of good (at least in my opinion) beam material sourced from Medialas and LSX stock shows that I converted for a 6 projector / DAC environment and another hour or more material (beam along with some graphics and abstract) material written by Galvonaut and myself. I'll want to use the raisable scrim that Brad described for some of this material, so I think we will have to coordinate higher fog times and scrim sections versus low fog with no scrim for the abstract / graphic sections.

Salty and Swami: Maybe we can switch off between beam material and abstract material every half hour or so on Friday and Saturday evenings / nights to keep things diverse?

Brad: I hear you on setting up and running your material from Club SELEM, but selfishly, I want to see it myself. Perhaps we can schedule it at a time where more of us can get to the Club. . Also, in addition to the plethora of wonderful "photon-throwers" you bring, I would be most appreciative if you bring lots of long ILDA cables as we will need at least 8 long runs. I will bring some and buy more as necessary myself.

What about graphics / planetarium material? I'd like to see Mike Dunn's material of course as well as Pink Floyd. What other favorites would folks like to see from DZ's and other's vast stockpile?

-David

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

David: ILDA cable should not be a problem. Me being the good little addict that I am, periodically when bored at work, go snooping online and order a few more. I just got another 100, 50, and a couple 6' sections a week or two ago along with another 3 - 50' DMX cables. Basically it's all just extra for SELEM. So, I think I have 4 of the 100' now, a 75 or two, maybe 10 of the 50 footers, half a dozen or more 25's, several 6', a couple 3' and some 1 foot sections. Y splitters, splitter boxes, male to make, female to female, all kinds o' stuff. I usually seem to handle all the long runs in the auditorium and Club SELEM anyway so, we should be good in both areas. Who knows.... I may end up with more with there still being two months to go! Might as well have 1,000 feet since I'm this close right?????

Oh... and I suspect we could do some of the other material I have somewhere at some point too. Piano Song went over very well last year and I'm sure people would like to see that again, since it brought some people close to tears in it's beauty.
    PM Sent...

Awesome! We all benefit from your addiction (insanity?), Brad!

As I recall, we needed just over 50 feet to cover the long runs in the auditorium, so we should be good with your hoard alone

I would like to run the F*#K show I made a few years ago in the auditorium. It always gets a laugh.

Platform is Spaghetti. The show is only 2-3 minutes long.
    Cram it in anywhere.

Chris

Lov the F&@k show... One of my favorites...