View Poll Results: When should we do the next NWLEM?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • September 9th-11th

2 33.33%
  • September 16th-18th

2 33.33%
  • Well shoot...

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NWLEM III - November 20th-22nd, 2015 - Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Made it. I'm walking distance to the venue and can see it from the hotel window. I'm at the HIE next door. See ya'll in the am!
    Excellent! I'll be at the venue around 11:30am. See you and everyone else tomorrow!

newb here… I will be able to show up around 6ish.. I will be there to help anyone move anything for any reason. I just want to be around to learn and to help.

Joe!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

So far an excellent trip. Everything was on time. Didn't even have to take off shoes or belt getting through security. TSA didn't mess with anything. Empty seats next to me on both flights. Rental car upgrade for less than the original quote. Absolutely no problem getting to the hotel. Already checked out Merriweathers and what to do for a large reservation. The tapas place is a couple minute walk. Walked around the venue. Saw a Recreational Cannibis sign with an arrow a block away. !?!? The soda machine an elevator is just outside my door. There is a Keureg machine in my bathroom and Hunt For Red October is on the television. So far a total win! (Just a touch chilly.)
    PM Sent...

Here's a schedule I put together. It is not subject to change. In the future, whole societies will be based on its permanence:

Friday:
    Noon - Setup, Meet/Greet
    6PM - Lumia Demo and Workshop by sugeek
    7PM - Dinner?
    ~8PM-Close - Fire at will

Saturday:
    Noon - Venue Open
    1PM - General Laser Safety and Variance Workshop by platinum
    2PM - Basic & Interactive Features of LSX Demo by drlava
    4PM - Ableton Live Laser Control Via Sound Card DAC Demo by discothefunkyhippo
    5PM - Image Capture & Logo Digitization Demo by drlava
    6PM - Dinner Hour
    8PM - Fire at will again

Sunday:
    Noon - Strike

If you'd like to do a demo, workshop, or just rant about something generally laser-related, lemme know and I'll find a spot in the schedule for ya.

Alright, so I have a few I would like to see, I happened to have bought one of the DZ Advanced Laser Router's but never even plugged it in, maybe we could have a time set on saturday for playing with it, anyone coming have any idea how these things work? The second I would love to see is someone showing how to hook up the I-Pad interface to work with Beyond. And the last I would love to see, would be a workshop on Pango-script. Any chance we have anyone coming that has enough experience to stumble through it?
    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Here's a schedule I put together. It is not subject to change. In the future, whole societies will be based on its permanence:

Friday:
    Noon - Setup, Meet/Greet
    6PM - Lumia Demo and Workshop by sugeek
    7PM - Dinner?
    ~8PM-Close - Fire at will

Saturday:
    Noon - Venue Open
    1PM - General Laser Safety and Variance Workshop by platinum
    2PM - Basic & Interactive Features of LSX Demo by drlava
    4PM - Ableton Live Laser Control Via Sound Card DAC Demo by discothefunkyhippo
    5PM - Image Capture & Logo Digitization Demo by drlava
    6PM - Dinner Hour
    8PM - Fire at will again

Sunday:
    Noon - Strike

If you'd like to do a demo, workshop, or just rant about something generally laser-related, lemme know and I'll find a spot in the schedule for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Alright, so I have a few I would like to see, I happened to have bought one of the DZ Advanced Laser Router's but never even plugged it in, maybe we could have a time set on saturday for playing with it, anyone coming have any idea how these things work? The second I would love to see is someone showing how to hook up the I-Pad interface to work with Beyond. And the last I would love to see, would be a workshop on Pango-script. Any chance we have anyone coming that has enough experience to stumble through it?
    How about we plan to do a "New Tech Exploratory Workshop" around 3PM on Saturday and maybe someone can chime in on specific tech. I am also interested in all three things you mentioned. Will finalize the schedule tomorrow and print it out. (Will have a laser printer on site for printing of things.)

For now, I'm off to recharge for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    How about we plan to do a "New Tech Exploratory Workshop" around 3PM on Saturday and maybe someone can chime in on specific tech. I am also interested in all three things you mentioned. Will finalize the schedule tomorrow and print it out. (Will have a laser printer on site for printing of things.)

For now, I'm off to recharge for tomorrow.
    Doh,,,

Since you said you'll have a laser printer on site, I guess I better bring my laser engraver/marker… it's one of the 40watt CO2 with a very small, 8 x10 inch engraving area…

I don't want to operate it the whole time i'm there, but i'll bring it with a laptop and software, show people how it works and let everyone have their own go at it.

Rick

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've got an Advanced Laser Router here too (original style) and haven't done much more than Rick. I set it up last week in Basic Splitter mode but, that's all I had time to do. I've downloaded TouchOSC and have gotten the necessary files from DZ to set up using the iPad to control it but, haven't had any time to actually try anything.
    PM Sent...

I am so pissed I can't make it. I have been pushing and pushing the wife to let me get away for a few days but she just won't budge!

Any chance someone can file the laser safety and variance workshop for me - if you don't mind Johnathon. This is the one thing I really didn;t want to miss - and hanging out with you guys of course - oh and lasers - and maybe some beer!

Any live feeds?

Have fun.

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    . . .Since you said you'll have a laser printer on site, I guess I better bring my laser engraver/marker… it's one of the 40watt CO2 with a very small, 8 x10 inch engraving area…

I don't want to operate it the whole time i'm there, but i'll bring it with a laptop and software, show people how it works and let everyone have their own go at it.

Rick
    Oh, cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I've got an Advanced Laser Router here too (original style) and haven't done much more than Rick. I set it up last week in Basic Splitter mode but, that's all I had time to do. I've downloaded TouchOSC and have gotten the necessary files from DZ to set up using the iPad to control it but, haven't had any time to actually try anything.
    We'll definitely take an extended look at these. Maybe we can convince Dave (dz) to appear via internet for a Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    I am so pissed I can't make it. I have been pushing and pushing the wife to let me get away for a few days but she just won't budge!

Any chance someone can file the laser safety and variance workshop for me - if you don't mind Johnathon. This is the one thing I really didn;t want to miss - and hanging out with you guys of course - oh and lasers - and maybe some beer!

Any live feeds?. . .
    There will be a live feed or two of the event but my workshop will be rather informal and due to the nature of it, I probably won't record it. Sorry.