View Poll Results: When should we do the next NWLEM?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • September 9th-11th

2 33.33%
  • September 16th-18th

2 33.33%
  • Well shoot...

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NWLEM III - November 20th-22nd, 2015 - Portland, Oregon

Thanks Jonathan for getting the LEM together and finding a new venue with 3-phase and heating . I was very happy to be able to share many of the treasures that Photonbeam (Steve Janders) passed on to me to hold when he moved. The TI YAG project build from 1968 is now with Casey Stack on the way to the Bob Hess Laser Museum now. It was great to meet everybody new and old and hope to see everybody again.

Thank you to Dr. Lava and Discothefunkyhippo (Sal) for your presentations I enjoyed them. I didn't do my warped wheel presentation as hooking up 3-phase for Nate's purelight was a higher priority that evening big thanks to Boom, Casey and Kyle. It was great to work with and meet Kyle and see him in action I learned a lot. Watching pat working on a large frame ion is always a treat, sorry about the slow power meter!

I was also very glad to see that the front table with the breadboard and mirrors got put to use. I hope somebody got a better shot of it than me! Next round hopefully we have the fiber coupled light sabers back in action (Thanks Pat)!

I will try and post some pictures soon but if you missed Jeff's (nwfreefly) thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ics-and-thanks there are some really nice pictures.

Hot linked from that thread with no shame!!!

Nate and Casey - Photo Credit

Nate and Pat (Laserman532) - Photo Credit
    Last edited by sugeek; 11-23-2015 at 20:23.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Where to start, how to start.
    I have to start with Jonathan. - hats off to you for making a great event possible, the venue was fantastic & the setting was very fitting. I still owe you 75 bucks!
    Pat- thank you so much for working on my Spectra Physics 165. Watching you work your magic in aligning the optics, aligning the tube, making the light happen. Thank you for teaching me how to do all the steps necessary for future alignments and work. And thanks for the autograph! I look forwards to seeing you again in the future. I also left the PSU for the 473 blue with Jonathan to give to you when you see him next weekend.
    Kyle / Poncho- Thanks you for wrangling the three phase and helping make the connection for the buck boost transformer to the power box. I had not used that buck boost board yet. Glad as all get out that there was a ding at the end instead of a bang!
    Jeff / Boom- Thank you for bringing the three phase cable and water hoses, running and troubleshooting the water and power ( boy that water supply issue at first was fun to figure out). Thanks for hanging out at your place later on Sunday, The weekend ended with a real *blast*!
    Sugeek- thanks for the help on the ions & thank you for the Lexel 75 system. Im allready working on a solution to get it running.
    I got to spend a bit of time with Casey Stack this weekend as well. Bit of backstory. In 1988 I was working in Bellevue wa with the local youth haunted house volunteering in the workshop making the sets and effects. My boss told me to look outside. I did and I saw a bright argon laser beam going across the parking lot with Casey at the controls. I ran over and introduced myself and asked him a ton of questions. Over the next year I stopped by the Laser fantasy shop and watched how things were done, learned alot about lasers and asked Casey a million more questions-and he answered every one patiently and in a very understandable manner.
    Fast forwards to this weekend. I re connected with him and again, I had a million questions for him, and like Casey, he patiently answered every one of them. He also spent some time working on a Laser Physics ion that he designed. Thank you Casey, it was great seeing you again & thank you for your help.
    It was great seeing Robyn, Rick, Phredy,10fenny, Sal, Brad & everyone else I met and crossed paths with.
    Great time, great food & excellent tech on display.
    See yah all next time for sure!
    -Nate.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

http://imgur.com/a/yzTtU

photos from the weekend

Great pics mar in. Great to see you at rosebar. And jonathon and sal!

..... Is it too soon to pay for NWLEM 2016??

+6 to the OP
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-