View Poll Results: When should we do the next NWLEM?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • September 9th-11th

2 33.33%
  • September 16th-18th

2 33.33%
  • Well shoot...

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NWLEM III - November 20th-22nd, 2015 - Portland, Oregon

I don't personally have a QM but I bet *someone* might have that with them.

I'll be bringing my 168s and extra tubes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Jonathan, I will be bringing my ion hogs, 1 purelight Star Ar/Kr, 1 Innova 70 Ar/Kr and a Sp 165 Kr.
    Does anyone have a Pangolin intro or basic card I could borrow for the weekend? I think I am regretting selling my card :/ . I would like to bring a simple PCAOM projector to run the ions thru.

Wish I could go to an NWlem sometime.
    I am thinking of SELEM next year now which is going to be likely.
    November is kinda a buzy time for me as I'm moving out of house!
    Got a full time job and house and car in israel and planning on staying there for 2 years at least so I can be closer with my girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Wish I could go to an NWlem sometime. . .
    I'm going to try to keep this as a yearly event in October/November. I may even stick with the weekend before Thanksgiving at this point.

If you can't make it, maybe I'll see ya at SELEM next year!

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I'm going to try to keep this as a yearly event in October/November. I may even stick with the weekend before Thanksgiving at this point.

If you can't make it, maybe I'll see ya at SELEM next year!
    I'm sure we will! SELEM was awsome and now that I have a better understanding of gassers and more its even more fun to snoop into the other rooms and apreciate those gassers in action.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I'm sure we will! SELEM was awsome and now that I have a better understanding of gassers and more its even more fun to snoop into the other rooms and apreciate those gassers in action.
    It's kind of funny to hear you say that Pieter. Sure, SELEM is always awesome but when I think about how much it has evolved from when you were there a few years ago until now, it's like night and day. You're going to need to come up with a whole new adjective to describe it. It has definitely grown in size, in length of time for the event and has gotten more organized. It really IS the largest single gathering of laser geeks in the world I believe.
    PM Sent...

Jonathan, let me know if there is something you're going to need for me to bring. As you know, flying limits you in terms of what you can bring and I do want to go "somewhat" light. Splitters and routers are what comes to mind as being integral parts needed for a LEM.
    PM Sent...

Jonathan, you can officially count me as in. My time off request was approved! Send me your PP email address and ye shall have $$!

As for stuff I am brining, I will be bringing a Z-5 analog console, a Wave-USB, and a Pluto. It would be nice to bring some ion rigs, but that is yet to be determined.

-Sal

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Jonathan, let me know if there is something you're going to need for me to bring. As you know, flying limits you in terms of what you can bring and I do want to go "somewhat" light. Splitters and routers are what comes to mind as being integral parts needed for a LEM.
    Definitely want to check out the EK-DZ Router- and having a splitter could be handy as well, if we get a few more projectors. I was going to see if you wanted to bring the Z-5- but it looks like Sal has that covered. You bring so much gear to LEMs! I say travel light and lay back and have some other people do the heavy lifting on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    Jonathan, you can officially count me as in. My time off request was approved! Send me your PP email address and ye shall have $$!
    As for stuff I am bringing, I will be bringing a Z-5 analog console, a Wave-USB, and a Pluto. It would be nice to bring some ion rigs, but that is yet to be determined. . .
    Perfect! I intend to get at least an hour in on the Z-5 this time. Such a cool bit of kit, as they say, across the pond. MUST BUY at soonest convenience!

PM incoming.

That shouldn't be a problem. The other item if I bring a projector, would be my new Clubmax 1800. It's tiny and has a Pelican case small enough to be a carry on. There's a Discoscan for it we can mess around with as well.
    PM Sent...

Sweet the new venue is 6.5 miles from my house and I don't even have to cross the river. Should be fun I will bring a 110 argon projector and a pile of lumia fun (some assembly required). I can finally bring Sal his bounce mirrors .

I would also like to get LSX to drive said projector... with either my riya micro or maybe a new etherdream if j4 shows up.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 10-06-2015 at 19:22. Reason: more stuff
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.