Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2015 shirt design ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm in agreement that the Chris' second design is the best so far, but I'd like to see more color in the logo. We can have up to 12 different colors.

Adam
    Your input is welcome. Let me know what to do and I'll do it.
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 06-13-2015 at 14:02. Reason: wording

In for black, would probably give away a white one.

I like design 2. Preferably any color but White. White shows sweat stains too quickly. I just wish I could get a silk screen T-shirt (would wear 1000 times more often) and not an embroidered polo (Don't ever wear). I think I am the minority on this though.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

number two in black, and a latte.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Definitely black, but I'm not sure if I like the fonts in #4. They seem childish and unprofessional. I like wearing my Selem 8 shirt on show sites because it looks really professional (when in reality we just watch the laser stripper on loop )
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I like design 2. Preferably any color but White. White shows sweat stains too quickly. I just wish I could get a silk screen T-shirt (would wear 1000 times more often) and not an embroidered polo (Don't ever wear). I think I am the minority on this though.

Totally agree...My Selem Polo from last year still in package...
    Maybe we could at least get a bigger printable logo that we can put on a tshirt and get seen.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Funny.... I'm the complete opposite. I wear a polo every day for about 9 - 10 months of the year and a t-shirt probably less than 5x a year. I don't wear my SELEM shirts as often as I used to since I started getting BB Laser Productions polo's embroidered a few years ago. I took a brand new one out of the package every day of the Utila trip so, I have about a dozen in circulation - plus a few hoodies.
    PM Sent...

I wear the Pangolin T-shirt we got two years ago about once a week and I don't own any Pangolin software. I would much rather advertise SELEM than Pangolin when I'm out and about but right now the Pangolin T-shirt is the only laser T-shirt I own. I have never worn any of the three SELEM polos I have ever. Too hot to wear in the summer to scratchy to wear in the winter. I agree that if you are doing laser professionally than a SELEM polo makes sense. I don't do lasers professionally. I wear my t-shirts when I go have a beer or work on building stuff, basically the weekends and week nights. I have to wear button ups all day at work last thing I want to do when I get home if throw on a polo to relax. I am not trying to say we get rid of the polo because many people do like having the polo. This year I will still take my included polo and hang it in the closet next to the other ones as a memory but at this point I am willing to shell out an extra $10 -$15 bucks just to have a silk screen laser T-shirt designed and produced by PL members.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Your post just gave me an idea....

It's not formally thought through and, I guess there would have to be one person willing to facilitate it and it could end up a labor of love but... what are peoples thoughts about designing an official Photonlexicon T-shirt and regularly available for sale?

It could end up being several hundred t-shirts and the pain of mailing them all over the world but, in mass quantities, it could be a cheap shirt and maybe sold for only a dollar or two over cost of production and shipping with the proceeds going towards keeping the lights on 'round here.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the best way to handle this without a huge outlay of cash or organizing a group buy and then ending up with a closet full of shirts you can't wear is to use a print on demand service.

this is also the lowest quality approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Your post just gave me an idea....

It's not formally thought through and, I guess there would have to be one person willing to facilitate it and it could end up a labor of love but... what are peoples thoughts about designing an official Photonlexicon T-shirt and regularly available for sale?

It could end up being several hundred t-shirts and the pain of mailing them all over the world but, in mass quantities, it could be a cheap shirt and maybe sold for only a dollar or two over cost of production and shipping with the proceeds going towards keeping the lights on 'round here.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.