Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NELEM III --September 11-13, 2015

So- I'm going to bump this thread. It's about 6 weeks to the meet on September 11-13. People who have confirmed their attendance are:
    Planters--4 or 5 rigs, maybe a laser drone
    Andrew, Dynamic lasers--2-3 rigs
    Bradfo69--? rigs, audio equipment
    Myself (fearless) 2 Rigs

Schedule of events:
    Friday 11: Setup, visit with Dynamic Lasers--15 minute drive
    Saturday 12:
    5AM--Start pig fire
    5:30 AM-- Prepare Pig:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0309.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	47938
    6 AM-- Put pig in pit, cover with dirt:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	47939
    6 PM-- extract pig from pit:https://youtu.be/l7yO6QCWei8
    6-9 PM eat pig
    9-?? laser show
    Sunday 13:
    Visit Krazer at MIT
    Lunch at MIT boating dock
    Sailing on the Charles

No sign ups, just come. If you are in the area, it is worth the trip just to see Sir Planters amazing rigs, and Andrew's amazing shows. And, oh yeah, an 8 foot 20 watt laser robot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	47944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	47945

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The weekend is getting a little more filled but, my intention is still making it. As we get closer, we can discuss needs as far as gear you want/need for me to bring. What time Friday are you anticipating "set up" since that's not listed?
    PM Sent...

Last year Eric came on Friday afternoon around 12. We then spent a few hours unpacking his crates and choosing where we wanted to set up. This year he wants to do the show in our 30,000 sq foot indoor. Easier to smoke or haze, out of the weather, ect. We could place the rigs all around the perimeter and link them up. There is a wifi network throughout the facility between 10-50 megs and 10 megs upload. Andrew did not arrive until Saturday afternoon--but he had a crew with him, so it did not take long for him to set up. Last year we did an outside show with Eric's and my rigs facing an enormous screen to project onto and Andrew's rigs facing the crowds on the other side. We then swapped shows between the two systems with Gabe's content driving Andrew's rigs and Planter's content driving his and my rigs. It would be nice if we had more time to map and integrate all the content into one system, but that might be too much to ask.
    The big problem we had last year was the audio. It was a home system with 4 speakers that got overloaded and cut out. So audio is the critical need.
    Friday afternoon is also a good time as Saturday I'm really busy getting the pig roast, food and drink ready.

Ok. I was just trying to establish driving times. Audio shouldn't prove to be an issue. I'll probably go with a mini van rather than a cargo van though.
    PM Sent...

Great! I hope you like pig and beer and corn. Eric raved about the stuffing-- I remember him saying it was like crack--could not get enough. So this year I'm doubling the amount of pig stuffing.

Wait a minute. IF I said that, not that I'm denying anything, but if I said that, what I meant was, it was as good as crack is to those who have had crack and seem to like it a real lot. I think it is impossible to make stuffing and fake the effect of cooking it for a long time within the meat. I know that this will begin to derail the thread, but this is not arguable. I don't care how big your kitchen or how many years you trained under... the effect of 12 hours in a hot pit is unique.

Have you heard that Austin TX is debating putting restrictions on the spread of barbeque smell/smoke from restaurants? I'll bet these same numb nuts don't like laser pointers either. See, full circle.

^ LOL

Yes, being a caterer, I have cooked, carved and eaten my fair share of swine.
    PM Sent...

There is nothing special about the stuffing. Just white bread from Walmart, onions, pepper and spices. You are right--pig juices make all the difference.

I just found this thread! I'm not sure of my schedule yet, bit I might try and venture up for the weekend. Where are people staying? I'd bring the two lasers I bought from Adam last year. I also have a small Chavet hazing machine I could bring.

In terms of a quad laser (ATHF reference!) , I have those the three TTL diodes and drivers Rich have me that he excised from an XLaser box. They are very small and light.. Just need scanners. Just an shot in the dark (pun intended).

Yes, Please come! The pig has been ordered, and we expect the following:
    Me- 2 lasers
    Planters- 4 lasers
    Bradfo69- ? lasers, audio equipment
    HankLoydRight- 2 lasers
    Andrew 2-3 lasers, more audio
    So At the very least 10-12 rigs. Hopefully we can get gabe to come with his content.
    Last year we had over 100 people attend, we will have more this year. We expect krazer and his MIT crew to attend.
    We have a LOT of space to play around--a large indoor structure, and we can go outdoors as well. Plenty of power and wifi for everyone.
    As to hotels, there are many to choose from. I would suggest you google "hotels around Newburyport, MA" Eric, where did you say last year with your crew?
    The is Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Amesbury MA
    The Seabrook Inn, and Holiday Inn Express--both in Seabrook MA
    All these places are 10-15 minutes away.
    Hope to see you.