Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: NELEM III --September 11-13, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    My goodness, what did I start! You realized we had no clue the MIT kids were bringing up a tesla coil. They just appeared 3 hours before the show saying "Where can we set up?"
    I thought we had a warning.. yes, here it is -- three days ahead of time:

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    Hi everyone-
    Wanted to give an update from the MIT side.

So far we have a car with 5 of us (mix of undergrad/grad students and staff) planning to come Saturday afternoon to help with setup and generally participate in the technical aspects of laser shows before the show starts. Not planning to bring any projectors, we can bring some small tesla coils if you want
    "small". That's funny. If that was "small" I don't want to know what "large" is.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Buffo and I spent some time on the phone last night discussing this. I don't know exactly "what" may be at SELEM next year but, between all of us, I'm almost willing to bet there will be "some" type of tesla coil on display somewhere!

I'm still looking at the kit Hank posted as perhaps a "starter".
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Buffo and I spent some time on the phone last night discussing this. I don't know exactly "what" may be at SELEM next year but, between all of us, I'm almost willing to bet there will be "some" type of tesla coil on display somewhere!

pretty soon SELEM is going to be a maker faire with lasers.

sign me up.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    The $400 one, or the $1200 one?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The little one perhaps. I'm fast approaching "tapped out" . Fortunately, I have some weddings with lasers coming up but, they've been fewer and further between this year as compared to last.
    PM Sent...

Can crushing is easy. A few thousand joules for a few hundred dollars. After you have done it a few times then the capacitors can be used to drive T. coils or really nice flash lamps. I was more excited by what the MITers are doing with some LASERS. I'm not talking about femtosecond or supercontinuoum. Rick and Hank know what I am talking about WOW!

hey guys i an a new guy up in maine, although i am relatively new to laser i am no stranger to the music industry , i worked with the biggest bands in the world back in the 70s and 80s , i run Q/S and have 2 FB3s ,what i would like to convey is i am here to help and learn from you guys ,i pay my own way, if you need a hand with a show ,call me ,if it is within striking distance i am there , i got a pile of stories from the past ,Queen, sabbath ,heep,springsteen , ,,kenny smoothy1957@gmail.com

Hi Kenny,

I'm here with Andrew of Dynamic Lasers, and we are looking over the new rigs I'm building for the summer. We are hoping to have another get together in the fall. Will post the details when we get closer to the event. Welcome to the addiction!

Rick

Default NELEM 2016

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    hey guys i an a new guy up in maine, although i am relatively new to laser i am no stranger to the music industry , i worked with the biggest bands in the world back in the 70s and 80s , i run Q/S and have 2 FB3s ,what i would like to convey is i am here to help and learn from you guys ,i pay my own way, if you need a hand with a show ,call me ,if it is within striking distance i am there , i got a pile of stories from the past ,Queen, sabbath ,heep,springsteen , ,,kenny smoothy1957@gmail.com
    thanks guys i thought i was all alone up in maine and new england for that matter, glad to see this is not the case, everything i know about laser and laser control is what i have learned on my own , it would be a huge help to me to be able to look over someone's shoulders when they have a gig , if i can be of any help ,( i am an expert cable coiler ) i am there ,thanks guys .

Default gort

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    But then again imagine a cool spaceship drone arising behind my big 8 foot Gort laser monster. You are right about controlling fog outside, but if it is a quiet night you can get some spectacular effects, as seen in this video:
    klaatu nikto barada love it ,