Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "40W laser shotgun"

I think you are misunderstanding me, the fiber ends Are fixed, there is nothing wrong with the fiber ends, what i wanted to know what was the coupler type so i can have it back to a beam, i never working with fiber optic couplers before

I was just saying some of the history it had, as it sits now it works with a repaired end that was polished on the correct equipment, i am sorry if i made that confusing

also the alignment to the laser bar is at it's stock settings, that's something i never messed with
    Last edited by Draco; 06-22-2015 at 01:10.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

... then set a focussing lens some centimeters off the fiber end and check, where the focus is ... then adjust it for your needs and fix the lens in this distance.

But never-NEVER do this without proper safety goggles!

Viktor

That 40W shotgun is going to be a bit old hat once these new 7W+ blue diodes get into the wild properly.
    |||+||| cube combined diodes will do 40W no worries and in a decent size beam too.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

i have about 4 pairs of safety glasses for that wavelength, the good nice ones with the glass rather then the cheap stuff from ebay. oddly i think i have a lens set uo for a fiber back to beam but it was the wrong fitting, i may make it be able to work, i did a test one time back in 2005 as to why sun glasses would not work as protection, i set up a camera behind a pair of sun glasses and aimed the un columtated beam and still caused the tinted part of the glasses to fail, did not melt the plastic but still poked a hole in the tinted layer
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

I wish i had the money to burn on something like that, with eye wear i think my friends family would get a kick out of that in combo with a fireworks display, most of my projects have been halted due to my car, as my dad allways said i have to "feed" my horse before i buy toys

At these powers eye protection may well melt!

Synrad CO2 with guide beam=flaming bird gun Cook your meal in the sky. Take about locking in the freshness.

What I fear is some idiot taking one of these arrays and mounting it to a gimbal on a drone. Now the pilots had better look out. If enough IR were used they could crack a window or cut a hole in the window as the drone can be close enough to deliver the beam. I guess if you get that close you might as well fly the drone into the engine like a bird. add some of the high velocity bullet explosive to the drone and down comes the plane.

I really fear this new tech coming out. It's not funny and with all this home grown stupidity it's only a matter of time.

... there are much more dangers out there, which are much simpler to implement, than a +20kg accu-pack for a drone, capable of two or three 'shots' with this type of laser-diodes ;-)

AFAIK, this was one of the main reasons to 'scramble' the fine-position accuracy of the GPS localisation for civil applications ...

Viktor