Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aesculap Meditec Pro-Yellow Instructions?

I had a thought today, about how to remove the obstruction in the bore, which was to focus a few watts of some other laser's beam on to it through the output window when it's at operating temperature. Hopefully it would be enough to melt it just enough for it to bend down out of the way.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If the obstruction is bromide I don't think lasing it would hurt you, if you can get the chunks into the heaters... If it is tube material, I'd worry...
    Probably pulsed yag at 1064 would work best...

Could always focus a few watts of 1064/532 in with the HR removed...

Its a gorgeous laser, don't kill it. At least not until Karl gets over to see it...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

What other tube material do you think it might be? I was going to first try and focus the laser's output back into the cavity and onto the legs of the obstruction, hoping it will just bend down out of the beam path. There's a large complex shaped stalagmite seen in the pics above, and a long pointy stalactite.

I tried focusing the beam back into the laser hoping to help melt the obstruction, and don't know if I changed it or it just changed shape by itself. Below are before and after about an hour of trying to get a focus on the thing, not knowing where it is in the tube. I believe it's in the output half at about the 1/3 point, so that's where I set the focus with a parabolic mirror (6" diameter, 36" focal length). Output power was only about 3.5W both lines. Pics were taken by placing the piece of glass near the beam and looking at the reflection (goggles on when it's me).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obstruction Melt Exp.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	419.6 KB 
ID:	48091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obstruction Starting.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	558.9 KB 
ID:	48092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obstruction End.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	48093

Can you use a pair of lenses to create a small observing telescope and look into the tube when its off? Also, can you tilt and rotate the tube? I don't suggest anything vigorous, but a full range of motion might allow it to fall away.

One guess is that it might have been drawn into the tube when the vacuum was cycled. Is this a sealed tube?

Took off the HR so I could see the beast inside the plasma tube, and here he is. Used a short focus telescope to locate him and set the mirror to hopefully burn his legs off today. I'm afraid to rotate the head for operation, and tilting will make it hard to work with but I'll try that if I can't get it to move.

Name:	Meditec Obstruction.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	406.4 KB 
ID:	48104

Lightbulb

Oh man...

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Can't leave this thread without beam shots! ...

Attachment 48002..
    ..Too bad yer not a little closer, Bob.. we GOTTA find a way to have a 'beam wedding'..

Name:	DSLI_BF30_Beam3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	48105 ..Even that 'little' of Yellow + this much Blue, would make an *insane* 'white', and I can't even imagine how beautiful that 511 (iirc?) Emerald would be with 445, wow..

..I'll let ya know if / when I will be out that way, and I can plan to bring one of these 'Lamblueghinis'.. Hope ya stlll have that puppy.. It'll make for some sik-pix!

j

PS - that's one crazy-lookin lil 'alien' in yer tube.. Any chance it might be a 'magnet-responsive' metal? If-so, I'm thinking maybe 'groom' it back with a honkin rare-earth mag, (like the surplus ones 'Draco' was / is selling in another thread..) IF it is / you could 'get close enough'... Dunno, Just a thought..
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 08-09-2015 at 12:17. Reason: ps
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    PS - that's one crazy-lookin lil 'alien' in yer tube.. Any chance it might be a 'magnet-responsive' metal? If-so, I'm thinking maybe 'groom' it back with a honkin rare-earth mag, (like the surplus ones 'Draco' was / is selling in another thread..) IF it is / you could 'get close enough'... Dunno, Just a thought..
    i have a death magnet you are welcome to try with.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Jon,
    The color that you get with 589nm and 445nm is really strange. It is white, but it's weird. Is has a hint of pink in the hue and the effect of varying the ratio of yellow to blue does little to affect the color.

Hey Sire -

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    ..The color that you get with 589nm and 445nm is really strange. ...white, but it's weird. Is has a hint of pink..
    Yes, I'd bet.. 589 (I'm thinking, from yer dye rig?) is inching closer to Orange, and CuBr's 578-ish - while 'just a mere 10nm away' - is closer to a 'lemon yellow', which is perhaps why Cohr 'opted' to produce the yellow OPSLs doing 577 (replacement for CuBr for Med-apps (?) They also make 514s, which are pretty-close to the 511 line (but 511 Is also an 'otherworldly' color.. So.. I could see how 589 would start to add 'pink flavors' to the mix.. Still, you are right - Mixing (true) Yellow + Blue creates a "white" that is, uh, 'out of this world'.. ..Which is why I wanna do it..

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...