Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Thank you so much man

For me at least a graph is saying so much more than pictures, you can clearly and quicly see the curve knee, where it starts to decline, deduce the optimal running current, etc. Without scrolling back and forth

Of course pictures are always mandatory, but rather near/far field, spectrometer screenshots, etc, just like you did
    No Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I am very interested in the beam characteristics. You suggest that the central stripe is more dominant with this diode and that would indeed make spatial filtering less wasteful. The fast axis divergence is surprising. You describe it as 1/3 the width in the far field when compared to the 44 series. That is a very large difference. A somewhat tighter slow axis is good as well because it is this axis that limits the far field performance.

Where did you get this diode?
    There is only One strip and its dominant. Hard to explain but ill give it a go, you know on the 44 how it has the main strip then a few more strips below it that has alot of the power in it so when you try to clip it off you loose a decent amount of power.? Well the 07E doesnt have that. It has one dominant strip and 2 very faint strips on either side of it. I dont think there is Much power if any in them. I can see another very very faint strip to but there is for sure nothing in that. Looks like just a glow.

I dont know the proper words to describe it clearly what iam trying to say so here is the best i can do with the camera's i have.

Note the NUBM07E is on the top & the 44 is on the bottom. It is also to be noted that the 44 is flipped upside down by mistake so that all the extra strips are on the top side of the image beam rather then the bottom. Doesnt matter but i'd like that to be clear as if the diode was right side up you would see all the extra strips mostly on the bottom. Both diodes where at 3.5A so thats pretty much full power.

Yes Its about 1/3 but that is Compared to that entire Aixis of the 44 and not just the main strip of the 44 to be clear. The video should show that Pretty good.

There is Some on Felelbay. They should be the same diode.

Brilliant post .....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThankYou..GIF 
Views:	998 
Size:	1.5 KB 
ID:	47863 ... grabbed a copy of the graph for future reference PDQ. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worship2.gif 
Views:	995 
Size:	265 Bytes 
ID:	47864

@ There is Some on Felelbay. They should be the same diode....... where?

I wont sum

Cheers

I am concerned about the source if it is a de-caned diode. I have posted on LPF that if it will remain unavailable as a caned diode then the source, the handling and shipping will be an issue. If they are caned and we have to remove the can then that is not a bad thing because it will allow the end user to clean up the flange without concern for the laser inside prior to removing the can.

This combination of improved beam quality, lack of spurious wings and increase in wavelength are all very exciting. If this is the end of the evolution for a while then I think we have another standard like the P-73 became the standard for red.

I order one from eBy. Search "NICHIA NUBM07E 465nm 3.5W Blue Laser Diode/Mount with Ball Lens/TO5 9mm"

Thanks for the link woody! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThankYou..GIF 
Views:	978 
Size:	1.5 KB 
ID:	47865
    Surprised that you ordered stuff from China, but suits me OK!
    Found a seller called "existotem" !

@ Eric...."unavailable as a caned diode" ..... spose you meant canned ... your spell checker playing up again?... however it'll certainly get caned once I get my hands on it ..anyway these come " with Ball Lens" according to "existotem" so presumably still sealed and with mysterious gas still intact
    Pricey tho'

@ Lazeerer Did you have to "de-can" your one?...or did it get to you pre-deKapitated?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinking2.gif 
Views:	971 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	47866 Hey! .... why are we in a a 445nm thread ... thought the whole point of this one was "skyblu"
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I am concerned about the source if it is a de-caned diode. I have posted on LPF that if it will remain unavailable as a caned diode then the source, the handling and shipping will be an issue. If they are caned and we have to remove the can then that is not a bad thing because it will allow the end user to clean up the flange without concern for the laser inside prior to removing the can.

This combination of improved beam quality, lack of spurious wings and increase in wavelength are all very exciting. If this is the end of the evolution for a while then I think we have another standard like the P-73 became the standard for red.
    You don't have to worry about that because the diodes come with the lens can on them. It is the end user that breaks it off and it takes Nothing to do it. I use to use my decan tool from thorlabs but there is No need for that. All you have to do is put the lens/can part in a vice, clamp it (Lightly enough so it doesn't move) then take pliers and grab the diode and give it a little wiggle/"Like your bending it" and it breaks Free Clean very easy with little pressure. Its not like a normal diode can is welded on. Ill make a video when i get some more in if need be. But its super easy.

These lens can diodes are easy to remove. When you take the can off all come with it. Nothing is left behind but a superficial weld marking.

So since the diodes are shipped with the lens can on them we dont have to worry about the shipping part. Thankfully.

Yes this is all very exciting. I really like this diode. Did you see the strip/dot vids i did.? What do you think.? Iam going to see if i can spatial filter it using the razor method you created. The problem is i don't have a mill to make a mount so i was thinking of turning a round disk on the lathe with a Hole in the center (~6-10mm) and put the razors to that on a KS-1 mount or something just to hold it. Should do the job. I hope i have some of those thin razors.

@Catalanjo Yes I had to decan my diode. They come with the lens can on them.

I saw the video and yes, these are impressive. I saw the single strip.

If you have a drill press or even a steady hand then the central aperture can be fabricated with plenty of clearance. You only need to get the height right so that the beam clears the hole. You slide it in order to adjust side to side. The magnets are not precision either. Just drill a hole so that when you set the magnet it sits slightly below the surface. A small hole in the center of the magnet hole allows you to glue without compressing the air below the magnet which would prevent it from sitting on the bottom of its depression. Position the magnets so that when the blades are in their correct position, the magnet is in the middle of the blade. This prevents the magnet from trying to pull the blade away from that setting. Sand the face of the mount so the blades move smoothly.

At long last....we finally have another exciting diode to optically tame. Just as a guess....when I get one...I will De-lens/can and will apply the P73 / Oclaro63193 correction method....you know....the 2mm EFL lens from LSP....and a Telescope set of Cylindricals....4X or 6X.....and see what pops out the other end !! The color looks great !!THANX for all the work on this diode !!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    At long last....we finally have another exciting diode to optically tame. Just as a guess....when I get one...I will De-lens/can and will apply the P73 / Oclaro63193 correction method....you know....the 2mm EFL lens from LSP....and a Telescope set of Cylindricals....4X or 6X.....and see what pops out the other end !! The color looks great !!THANX for all the work on this diode !!!
    Cool. I look forward to the results. I am going to try to get something with the stock lens left in place. If not, I will be popping that can off too. Hopefully it gets here soon. And hopefully I can find the time to play with it when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Bob if you need help de canning the diode just email me. But its very easy if you do it how i describe it above in post #17. But i think the 2mm FL lenses from Dave are only coated for Red unless he sells both now..? You can still use it just to see what the results will be but if they are coated for red only which iam pretty certain they are "Cant remember 100% and i cant see the lens in my module to check" you will see great power reduction.

Back reflection too might be greater if there are only coated for red. So just make sure.