Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test

Made a video on one way to remove the Can on these

Put it in the vice with just enough grip to hold the diode/can in place. Then Put a little side pressure on the diode and it pops right off.

Don't use a decan tool. I tried it and it doesn't work good and leaves a lip in place and not only that the can is too thick and will dull your blade.

Are these 9mm, couldn't find that info.

Yes, they are 9mm.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeerer View Post
    Bob if you need help de canning the diode just email me. But its very easy if you do it how i describe it above in post #17. But i think the 2mm FL lenses from Dave are only coated for Red unless he sells both now..? You can still use it just to see what the results will be but if they are coated for red only which iam pretty certain they are "Cant remember 100% and i cant see the lens in my module to check" you will see great power reduction.

Back reflection too might be greater if there are only coated for red. So just make sure.

Sorry Angelos.....just saw this post. De caning looks to be a breeze !!! I am waiting on some replacement 2mm EFL from LSP....so I will not test with that to start with. I was not under the impression these 2mm EFL were AR coated at all....maybe BBar or VIS broadband....or maybe just glass....Dunno ??? Dave ????? Coated or not ???? When I get my hands on this NUBM07E diode....I will start to test with a G2 lens.....I predict this will suffice.

For aspect correction....I will propagate the beam thru a telescope set of 6X Cylindrical lenses.....and we will see what pops out the other end !!!

I believe the apparent luminosity is a factor of about 1.25 vs the 445nm line. And I believe this LD will hit around 468nm at 4A.....SO....that line is superior in apparent luminosity to the 462nm line also....SOoooo....all in all....more "Blue" bang for the buck !!! Works for me !!

I assume that since we tamed the P73/63193.....we should be able to correct this LD !!

As to color and color balance....??????.....that is another chapter !!! BUT....IIRC....many of the new projectors are sporting the 462nm LD...and my projector has that 462nm in it....and the color selection is great.....so....the 468nm line is likely to be as good....or maybe improved...unknown !! I do not think anyone has the NUBM07E in their projector....just yet ?? Dunno...Perhaps I missed it !!

Well, stay tuned....I am sure many will be experimenting with this new LD....and we will see !!! BEAM OUT=======>
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I am concerned about the source if it is a de-caned diode. I have posted on LPF that if it will remain unavailable as a caned diode then the source, the handling and shipping will be an issue. If they are caned and we have to remove the can then that is not a bad thing because it will allow the end user to clean up the flange without concern for the laser inside prior to removing the can.
    Exactly. The bare diodes I ship will have the can still on it leaving it up to the end user to remove them keeping the diode protected during shipping. The ones in modules will have the cans removed for use with other lenses.

I think it's a good option to replace my NUBM44 who died at 3,8 Amps...
    Last edited by kl79; 08-18-2015 at 01:15.

Does this mean U have some in stock and available already
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Cheers
    There on DTR's site.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Cheers
    Yep in stock ready to ship.

Just a FYI, I ran into one that didn't pop its top so easy. I have 4 of them and one of them was a total bear. The others were simple just like the video. Not sure why this one was awful, but will see if I destroyed the die as I morphed the 9mm housing and also shattered the stock lens getting it apart.
    leading in trailing technology