Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    @CDBeam - I'm curious about the ratios you posted earlier. They seem waaaaay off from common practise, specifically the red.
    You are wanting 4 times as much red as green, but most people get very satisfactory results with 0.75 to 1.5 times red to green. Certainly, 1:1:1.5 of RGB gives a pretty good white balance.
    I would think 4x the red would give a particularly pinkish white.

Even the big modules Logsquared built for us recently had 3W red, 6W 520 AND 10-12w 462 and they turned out a passable white.
    I'm not CD, but I have a projector with 1W 520, 800mw of 638 and 1.7W of 462. It looks pretty good for white balance. These beams are all very tight and special filtered.
    leading in trailing technology

Yep, you're pretty close to the 1:1:1.5 ratio there, so that's what I'd expect.
    Until CD posted that earlier I'd never seen the ratios he wrote, let alone it being commonly accepted, which is why ive queried it
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

@CDBeam - I'm curious about the ratios you posted earlier. They seem waaaaay off from common practise, specifically the red.
    You are wanting 4 times as much red as green, but most people get very satisfactory results with 0.75 to 1.5 times red to green. Certainly, 1:1:1.5 of RGB gives a pretty good white balance.
    I would think 4x the red would give a particularly pinkish white.

Even the big modules Logsquared built for us recently had 3W red, 6W 520 AND 10-12w 462 and they turned out a passable white.
    Sorry Norty....just saw this question.....I was going from memory.....exceedingly likely to be flawed !!! I seem to remember we have many, many threads on this issue of balance !!

But....then.....we have several new diodes to consider !!!

SO....the current thinking....is ?? Red ( 638nm ) to ?? Green ( 520nm) to ?? Blue (470nm).......... 1.5:1:1 ????

Thanx....It has been several years since I built a projector !!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Lots of people use 1:1:1.5 RGB. No problem going heavier on the red but it's not essential, but you do need the bias on the blue. I've found the white gets a better icy edge if you have some 445 in there.

I had a projector with R 1.4w G 2W B2.7w where the green went bad and down to 400mW and the white was VERY pink. You need a decent amount of green to pull it out of the magenta/red zone
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Lots of people use 1:1:1.5 RGB. No problem going heavier on the red but it's not essential, but you do need the bias on the blue. I've found the white gets a better icy edge if you have some 445 in there.

I had a projector with R 1.4w G 2W B2.7w where the green went bad and down to 400mW and the white was VERY pink. You need a decent amount of green to pull it out of the magenta/red zone

AAhhhh...OK....So....Let me speculate....Combine a single optically corrected NUBM07E @ 4.0 W @ 470nm......with a Dual set-up of optically corected NDG 7475 @ 2.5W @ 520nm.....with a Dual set-up of optically corrected Oclarro 63193 @ 2.5W @ 638nm....So....somewhere around 9W out the front door !! MMMmmm ???

I do not know if this is what Planters had in mind....being only 9W...for an Big Sky Laser'Opalozza ??? But...it sure is a far cry from a year or two ago !!! Thanx for your
    teaching !

Added note...Easy...just PBS double all the individual modules...and then we are in the 18W range....THAT may be the ticket for the Big Sky Show ???
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 09-12-2015 at 10:35. Reason: Added Note !
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I still think you need the green and red to be stacked as well, with the blue as a dual. 18W outdoors is IMO about as low as you would go for outdoor use. So, while still a project, this is now perfectly practical.

This diode is similar to a 445nm 3.5W, which has larger divergence than the NDB7675. We couple 2x NDB7675 to get 3W 462nm laser with less than 4.5mm 1.2mrad beam. 4xNDB7675 to get 5W <6mm 1.2mrad. This diode can be corrected to be 1.5mrad if same with the 445nm 3.5W.
    Professional manufacturer for High Power DPSS and Diode Lasers.
    1~8W 638nm Red
    1~8W 520nm Green
    1~20W 445/465nm Blue
    3~10W RGB laser
    http://www.lasever.com/
    Email: sales@lasever.com

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Exactly. The bare diodes I ship will have the can still on it leaving it up to the end user to remove them keeping the diode protected during shipping. The ones in modules will have the cans removed for use with other lenses.
    Damn DTR, I have not been paying enough attention this year... Too busy with work and other projects. Looking at your shop I think it's time to replace my Laser wave DPSS with direct LD 520 and my 642 knife edge pair with 638 700mW and try these NUB s too.
    This space for rent.

Yea been a great year for new stuff for sure.

Does anyone have uncorrected far field images of the old A130/M140 vs the new NUBM07E?
    This space for rent.