Thread: Beyond/PangoScript gurus - how to change Zone routing from a DMX cue on the timeline?

Default Beyond/PangoScript gurus - how to change Zone routing from a DMX cue on the timeline?

Okay all you Beyond/PangoScript gurus (a title which I definitely cannot claim yet ) -

I'm looking for a way to add PangoScript code to a DMX cue that would change the Zone routing for a laser output track.
    The idea is when the DMX cue is activated on the timeline, the cue would perform its designated DMX function, AND act as a toggle to change the specified laser output zone routing.
    The new zone routing would remain in place - even after the DMX cue event has completed - until another PangoScript-equipped DMX cue changes the zone routing again.

FWIW, this is something that I intend to use with the hopefully-soon-to-be-released EK-DZ Advanced Laser Router.
    My thought is while the related DMX cues will handle all the actual Router laser output switching , we still need a way to be able to accurately preview or visualize the output from within the Beyond software and/or visualizers. (I'm sure I'm not the only person that won't always be able to have all the actual projectors setup while programming a show!)

By creating Beyond zones that correspond to the Router output ports, laser output could be redirected from the timeline to the corresponding zones for an accurate onscreen representation.
    By including the PangoScript code in the DMX cues used to control the Router, the zone effect coding would only have to be included one time in the Router DMX cues, instead of manually recreated on the timeline each time one of the Router DMX cues is used.

At least, that's what I "think" should work!

I know this can be done easily enough as an effect event from the laser track, but that would have to be manually created each time rerouting needs to be in effect.
    Not that difficult, but I figure since we'll already have Router DMX cues on the timeline, might as well take full advantage!

I posted this on the Pangolin forums, and received the suggestion that I create the Zone rerouting as a QuickFX, then reference the FX from PangoScript (thanks hitekvoop!!)
    Unfortunately, while that works great while working from the grid, I never could get that to work from the timeline (probably because of something I didn't do correctly!)

SO, any suggestions on how to make this work?
    So far, I seem to be great at finding all kinds of new ways that DON'T work!!

Thanks!

Randy
    Last edited by Stuka; 07-30-2015 at 04:03. Reason: Clarification - hopefully...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'm sure there's a way to do this, I've found that PangoScript has some very cool features. I'll try to look into this before SELEM, right now trying to get everything ready to go. Less than 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Okay all you Beyond/PangoScript gurus (a title which I definitely cannot claim yet ) -

I'm looking for a way to add PangoScript code to a DMX cue that would change the Zone routing for a laser output track.
    The idea is when the DMX cue is activated on the timeline, the cue would perform its designated DMX function, AND act as a toggle to change the specified laser output zone routing.
    The new zone routing would remain in place - even after the DMX cue event has completed - until another PangoScript-equipped DMX cue changes the zone routing again.

FWIW, this is something that I intend to use with the hopefully-soon-to-be-released EK-DZ Advanced Laser Router.
    My thought is while the related DMX cues will handle all the actual Router laser output switching , we still need a way to be able to accurately preview or visualize the output from within the Beyond software and/or visualizers. (I'm sure I'm not the only person that won't always be able to have all the actual projectors setup while programming a show!)

By creating Beyond zones that correspond to the Router output ports, laser output could be redirected from the timeline to the corresponding zones for an accurate onscreen representation.
    By including the PangoScript code in the DMX cues used to control the Router, the zone effect coding would only have to be included one time in the Router DMX cues, instead of manually recreated on the timeline each time one of the Router DMX cues is used.

At least, that's what I "think" should work!

I know this can be done easily enough as an effect event from the laser track, but that would have to be manually created each time rerouting needs to be in effect.
    Not that difficult, but I figure since we'll already have Router DMX cues on the timeline, might as well take full advantage!

I posted this on the Pangolin forums, and received the suggestion that I create the Zone rerouting as a QuickFX, then reference the FX from PangoScript (thanks hitekvoop!!)
    Unfortunately, while that works great while working from the grid, I never could get that to work from the timeline (probably because of something I didn't do correctly!)

SO, any suggestions on how to make this work?
    So far, I seem to be great at finding all kinds of new ways that DON'T work!!

Thanks!

Randy