Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 9 Presentation Schedule

Default SELEM 9 Presentation Schedule

Please find attached below the current draft for SELEM 9 presentations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM 9 Presentation Schedule.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	48083

As you can see, we have planned three full afternoons of presentations (Thurs-Sat). Please feel encouraged to attend whatever topics are of interest to you and most importantly, have fun at what looks like it is shaping up to be the most awesome SELEM yet!

Many thanks to those of you who volunteered to share your experiences and recent efforts with your colleagues. In addition, thanks to each of you who expressed a desire for one or more sessions.

As always, this schedule is subject to change. For the latest updates during the event, please refer to the posted hard-copies outside the auditorium, outside ClubSELEM and the monitor located at the sign-in desk at the auditorium's backstage entrance.

Questions regarding the presentations can be directed to Adam (Buffo), the associated presenter, or myself (dkumpula).

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-07-2015 at 04:12.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Please move me to Thursday or Friday. I'll be happy to discuss and demonstrate correction using len's, I sold all my prisms off. Also can walk through and demo spatial filtering. This will be very basic and hands on, not a tech lecture on the specifics, just what I have found that works. Have also worked with a lot of the diodes out there. So happy to share what I have scene on any of them.
    Last edited by polishedball; 08-03-2015 at 06:50.
    leading in trailing technology

Hmmm... It's going to be tricky to move your round-table discussion. Lots of things have been locked in.

One possibility is if Blue Fang can swap with you. That would put you on for Friday.

David Kumpula, can you check with Johnny on this?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hmmm... It's going to be tricky to move your round-table discussion. Lots of things have been locked in.

One possibility is if Blue Fang can swap with you. That would put you on for Friday.

David Kumpula, can you check with Johnny on this?

Adam
    Hey guys!

Actually there was an available slot at 5PM on Thursday, so I shifted John's (PolishedBall's) presentation to this slot (now reflected in the schedule in the first post).

This will provide a bit of breathing room on Saturday for adding a last minute discussion or addressing something that lapsed for some reason.

It certainly is nice to have too many fun things to do and see as opposed to too few!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

David,
    Please update my RC presentation to start back stage for the close up presentation then move out to the field for the flight demo.

Thanks,
    Chris

Yeah, I also need to pack up the TV when we head to the field for that part! (It will otherwise be hooked up backstage to one of the flight-sim stations.)

Gonna be awesome watching you fly on a 40" TV! (Can't wait!)

Adam

I can bring one of my larger helos for show-n-tell as well (Mikado Logo 600). It is not an FPV heli, just a purebred 3D smooth-ass flying machine. Not sure if that field is large enough to do some flying, will have to see when I get there.

Anthony Garcia (Me) is AnthonyGarcia. Andy would be my brother
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

BlueFang: We had two 450 series electric CP birds there last year, and that worked out OK. A 600 series should be OK, but it might need to be flown a bit more tamely just due to the huge increase in rotor energy should something go wrong. We will keep people well back should you decide to fly there.

I've been toying with the idea of bringing my 200 series electric CP bird too.

Adam

Still thinking about bringing the N7, but it would strictly be for Show & Tell ~
    I don't plan on flying that anywhere except designated RC flying sites...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....