Thread: Laser show .ild

Default Laser show .ild

Hi, I just finished my first lasershow with LaserShowGen, using JMJ's Equinoxe IV.
    Enjoy

Equinoxe Part IV.rar

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Dude,
    Assuming that the files cover the length of the track I'd like to have seen a bit more synchronization to the audio.
    It may be that I've not seen it in its original format and hence have missed some of the nuances but when I ran it through LD2000 there was a definite "hit and miss" element to the show.
    Keep practicing though.

Yeah, I've just been playing around with the software, and had some fun trying out different effects
    Thanks for trying out the ilda file
    I guess the hard thing to do is synching the effects with the correct amount of frames, to the beat of the song.

Admittedly, I only have a built-in SD-card on my projector, so the ilda-file will run at a slower speed at all times, due to the complexity of the individual effects (as of now, my budget would only allow me to buy a 500 eur. laser projector + the software to play around with).

Edit:
    I've just checked out the YT-video for reference, and it's definitely "drifting", as opposed to the LaserShowGen, software.
    It's to the point where it gets annoying even...
    My guess would be, that the software has trouble outputting the ilda file with the correct fps?
    I'll make a side-by-side comparison using the YT-video, and see if I can make the output better.
    Thanks for making the video btw.

Edit2:
    I just ran the ilda file with Virtual Reality Laser Show Simulator https://github.com/Grix/vrlss/releases and somehow it syncs better, than in your video.
    I'm not sure what is causing this
    Maybe the way the ilda file is synched is different?
    I'll pm Grix and maybe he knows what is causing the difference.
    Last edited by boempa; 08-07-2015 at 15:47.

The length of the frames does not match the length of the audio. There seems to be a few seconds audio at the end where there is not supposed to be any frames. The ILD file has 12162 frames. Divide this by 30 FPS and you get about 6 minutes and 45 seconds. The song is 6 minutes and 53 seconds. I don't have LD2000 but if you import the ilda frames and treat them as 30 FPS without trying to resize them to match the audio file length, it should be properly synced. And it indeed seemed to be when I tested (although the song does not have very defined beats so it's a bit hard to see if it is synced or not so I'm not 100% sure).

Admittedly, I only have a built-in SD-card on my projector, so the ilda-file will run at a slower speed at all times, due to the complexity of the individual effects (as of now, my budget would only allow me to buy a 500 eur. laser projector + the software to play around with).
    Regarding this, I recommend ILD SOS or LaserBoy to optimize the frames and interpolate them to match the number of points per frame to the data rate of the DAC. LSG is not very good at optimizing for different kind of DACs and scanners, yet.
    Last edited by Grix; 08-08-2015 at 10:01.

Thanks Grix for the help.
    I'll try using LaserBoy to optimize, and reupload the file, hopefully that will fix it.
    Otherwise, I'll try to prevent frames-resizing.