Thread: Who has had any experience with the Mitsubishi G84 638nm 1.8W laser diode

Default Who has had any experience with the Mitsubishi G84 638nm 1.8W laser diode

OK guys, who has had any experience with the Mitsubishi 638nm 1.8W laser diode like the one in the link below.
    I have read that it outputs 2 beams so I was wondering if anyone has found a way to converge both beams into 1 beam.
    I am building a high power projector and have a 6w 435nm blue, a 2w 520nm green and I want a 635/638nm at least 2.5-3.0w to balance the others out.
    Right now I am using 2 Mits ML501P73-02 through a combiner cube for my reds.
    I need a stronger red so I can make full use of the blue & green.
    So If anyone knows how to tame this new Mitsubishi G84 please give me a hint.
    Thanks
    Steve Wall
    Fotobysw@fotobysteve.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-G...-/261723082708

This thread probably has most of the info you're looking for.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Mitsubishi+G84

With active cooling, many members have gotten the p73s up to 1W with no problems. I think Planters has even pushed them beyond that with decent reliability. Based on what I am reading about the g84s, it seems like you'd need a lot less optics to just knife-edge and PBS four of the p73s to give yourself 3+ watts. Not to mention that if a p73 dies, they are pennies on the dollar compared to these g84s. You could buy six p73s for each one of the g84s. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 08-13-2015 at 18:34.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I agree, you should consider quad P73. Which are the specs of your green and blue?
    cheers!
    Last edited by jors; 08-15-2015 at 08:47.
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

Default Be careful who you buy from

Be careful when looking for the three emitter version of this diode, there is a China seller on ebay using two different account names showing this diode as having three emitters when it has two.

Newgazer and Techhood, I won't buy from them again.
    Last edited by Laser57; 05-21-2019 at 21:32.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Be careful when looking for the three emitter version of this diode, there is a China seller on ebay using two different account names showing this diode as having three emitters when it has two.

Newgazer and Techhood, I won't buy from them again.
    I've never had any problem with techhood. I've over 15 orders from him and each of them were OK. (diodes,mounts,optics)
    It seems I'm lucky one so far.
    Sorry for OFF
    Last edited by epyn; 05-23-2019 at 08:23.

I’ve purchased from Techhood at least a dozen times. All my purchases arrived as described. (Their green PBS cubes are a real deal by the way.). I just placed another order for dichro mounts and such. They have several new designs so I thought I would give them a try.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I’ve purchased from Techhood at least a dozen times. All my purchases arrived as described. (Their green PBS cubes are a real deal by the way.). I just placed another order for dichro mounts and such. They have several new designs so I thought I would give them a try.

David
    As it turns out, when I asked the seller, newgazer, how many emitters the diode had he said two, I pointed out their listing showed three emitters and asked him to correct the listing, which he did, he removed the diagram showing three emitters. However, looking further into this, he was wrong in his response to my question, it did have three emitters after all. So both of us were wrong in opposite directions due to that first response from him with misinformation, his listing appears to have been correct after all.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.