Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lasever 200mW 532nm

Yikes, thats a tad worrying!!

Hopefully the laserever's we have in use make it to the point where they are not relied on as much as they are at the moment. I don't have the time to rebuild projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Allthat : yes I'll talk to David of course... I'm sure it's not a ESD problem, I take a lot of care to this when working with my lasers, I'm always connected to ground.

Buffo : yes it's the smaller design. If the failures happens more often with the small design, maybe the cause can be an internal temperature problem (which we can not sense by touching the unit). The TEC is certainly less powerful than in the older one. It can be a problem when you blank the laser for a long time and switch on again fastly to full power...

Yes power supply have to avoid peak voltage/current on modulation for example. Germans on Laserfreak forums have measured this (they have a lot of defective green/blue lasever among their members) :

Type : 200mW green Lasever
    Black curve : modulation signal
    Green curve : pump diode current

Note that there's a current peak at every rising edge, at 100Hz modulation...

And of course, I didn't disconnected the laser head from the power supply when running

Now I'm thinking, when turning off the laser, the TEC will not be powered any more, and its hot side will quickly overload its cold side, so maybe overheating the diode... Is it possible?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

@Buffo : yes these times there was a lot of failures with the new Lasever units. On the german "Laserfreak" forum too, they discuss a lot.

But I hope they can find a solution while preserving the nice small laser head and driver, I like them

Now I observed the beam profile of my laser, and it seems to have moved to TEM01 or so... I think it's the reason of the power loss, since it wasn't like that when it was giving its full power.
    I noticed also several power changes during warm up time...

So normally, it means just a little realignement of the crystal But I still have to send it back to the factory...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beam profile.jpg  

That looks like a TEM20 or something...

Question

Is that the one you just got back?

Yes TEM20 or 30 or so, but for sure not TEM00...

No it's always my first laser, I don't yet sent it back (and will not to it until I receive an answer from Lasever...).

Just to know (in the worst case), is it possible to realign myself the crystals? I already did it successfully for a green laser pointer (for which I replaced the pump diode by a 9mm one)