Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NUBM44 diode

Thank you in a strange subconscious way I already knew that.but hey there is no harm in experimenting.i noticed when I built a Jacob's ladder if you set the starting gap too wide you can trigger it with a flame.the flame actually acts as a conductor of HV.also if I set my coil up to fire randomly at a large bit of four ply wood then put a hot spot on the wood it tends to head towards that.maybe microwave lasers is the answer masers shh that's top secret.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000000volts View Post
    Nice have you any vids on you tube.i done a two mot 4" coil rsg I found it very difficult as the spark on the rsg had to be about 1mm nearly zero tolerance lol.
    I know what you mean. Even with a quad MOT stack, I needed to have the electrodes really close. When first building my rsg, I shattered a few tungsten rods!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Lot of conductive carbon in a flame ...not same as ionization of the air !
    Cheers

I am liking Swami's idea. Since argon gas is so cheap (any welding supply should have it in quantity) I am wondering if you had a laminar flow of argon gas in a small column. I am curious if the resistance of a flow of argon would be just a bit lower than atmosphere, enough to manipulate the path of the discharge. Different gases could even get you different color discharges.

Have a look on you tube for 1000000volts channel you will find my builds on there they are a bit out of date no lasers and tesla coils combined yet.i can't post any of them on here at the moment??? Don't know how,stupid Iphone.i will give you £1 if you can share one of my vids on here it's called tesla coil death....serious I will post you £1 ok.my PC is bunked at the moment lol....just so people know I was serious.have you ever tried a laser and breakout point on your coil.

I hate carbon .................

Quote Originally Posted by 1000000volts View Post
    I hate carbon .................
    So,"apparently" does Al Gore ....but he has managed to make a fortune out of it !
    Cheers
    PS. Argon is NOT very conductive (at atmospheric pressures) ! ... just a thought ....STEAM is cheaper !

Yes steam I was just going to say that,on a foggy morning could you make a beam of steam with a laser eg 100 watts.

Cold steam! Just like my fogscreen. You could generate it with no heat needed.

A small group of straws would work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_niWBYaK8s ..Here is a link to one of my coils that i would like to try the laser experiment on,i haven't recorded any new vids with the new laser diode,but on earlier experimentation i thought it did try to follow the beam for a fraction of a second i will investigate it further and keep you informed.my original plan was to concentrate 20 nubm44 diodes into a tight beam with fibre optics maybe mirrors i dont know yet ???? maybe not ionise the air but surely it would rather follow that beam instead of thin air,so back to the point how do i connect 20 diodes up to create one beam and thanks for all the reply s...if it dont work i will sell them all lol.and make a co2 laser.....one has to try these things don't believe everything you are told lol...