Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Flashlamp Video

if it's of any help i can take a picture from my scope and post the rigging, I am now glad i bought high voltage scope probes, was originally for working on plasma tv's but since that's a dated technology now i had thought i wasted money on them, they have a 100x attenuation and in this case saved my scope from damage
    The lasorb i ordered for this project is L44-47-121-2000-X that can in my hopes work on a 12 volt buss
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

i got the new timers in and the lasorbs and so far so good, it's still clamping at bout 40 volts but seems happy, i took an inductor out and now get an arc of about .5 to .75 inches and readily triggers my commercial lamp, i just need to make fitting addaptors to interface with the silicone tube and start machining the electrodes and per your advice i will be using air rather then argon, i wish i could get my paws on xenon but i can't afford another tank at this time but my local supplier for industrial gases does have it, i just can't trade in my argon tank as i need it for welding aluminum
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Xenon is stupidly expensive. And if you will operate in the low pressure regime then it does not perform any better. I use a gas mix to adjust the hold off potential, but although this works well, it requires that you have three tanks. Air is good and free. If you decided to try a tanked gas, go with nitrogen, It is inexpensive and produces a more reliable flash than air and if you ever decided to try a "poor mans N2 laser" well... there you are.

I wanted to give a quick update and wanted to pass my idea to you guys, i just scored a plastic media cart from a thrift store that has a slide out table, so i am going back to planters idea and constricting this onto a real cart with the power unit at top, caps on the bottom with shield as i have gotten a few donations from local laserists and have more then enough plexie to to the job, the cart has it's own power cable so i can move it where i want all in one unit, i recently found my emergency stop button that kills the power to every thing, that device i only re found this week, i have no clue of who or what built it((by what i mean me ), i think a kill switch to a Tesla coil, will post pics soon and of the cart when it's reassembled, what was funny is when i went to the salvation army thrift store i said i was looking for a cart on wheels and he gave that a very low chance of happening, out of the hundreds of times i have been there before for other things but this time, there she was a luxor LT342S-B - 34″ Heavy Duty A/V Cart of my dreams...ok not literally, i paid 26 bucks and it's unbroken and dismantled in my car, for a cart i think this would be the best for my work area, nice and non conductive, except the slide out shelf but the cables will be much easier to deal with and less clutter with high voltage the better, so i am indeed a happy creature tonight!