Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: wanted - cubed beam splitter

im not worried about speed, im in no rush
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm in for a couple my self if this PBS can be used at 660nm and of course if the price is right .

Cool

I think Spec was looking into this... Might want to send him a PM and see what turned up.

Adam

Did anyone try the PBS cubes from Bridge? I would definitely buy a few if they work well (and there are still some about). Otherwise if anyone else wants some we could maybe get to the magic 100? Would be best to try one first though!

Dan.

What a coincidence, Bridge actually has just sent me a PBS today. I'll report my findings when I received it.

Cheers.

Nice one, thanks.

What is the price for one of these (~660 nM) shipped to the Us of A ??

Mike

I've got some PBS's. Coated for red diode wavelengths, centred on 650 nm. 5mm cubes. 30 of them, give or take a couple. I bought them from Germany, they were made for ABSee Lasers, who were doing the kind of thing Arctos do but with narrow beam, no expansion before combining. I might be persuaded to part with one or two if I get offers I cannot refuse.

Default pbs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I've got some PBS's. Coated for red diode wavelengths, centred on 650 nm. 5mm cubes. 30 of them, give or take a couple. I bought them from Germany, they were made for ABSee Lasers, who were doing the kind of thing Arctos do but with narrow beam, no expansion before combining. I might be persuaded to part with one or two if I get offers I cannot refuse.
    i would like to buy a pbs but being a noob and dont know what they are
    worth i dont know what to offer you
    how about you you pm with a price i dont want to make an offer and insult you
    thanks
    chris

Good news people. I just received the PBS from Bridge and did a little testing with my HeNe tube. The result is pretty good I must say. At 633nm I measured close to 98% in reflection and 97% in transmission efficiency. I haven't tried it at 660nm yet. When I do, I'll give you all the update.

For your information, I have also bought a PBS cube from eBay. Here's a link to the thread that I posted: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2898

The PBS cube from eBay is pretty crap. It is kind of polarized but it's acting a bit weird and not very efficient at all. It might be coated for different wavelength. But then, it might be also not polarized at all (standard 50/50 cube). I don't know for sure. I measured about 62% in reflection efficiency. What's worse, it was producing a series of dots when I tested it and the laser beam were coming out from each of its faces ! I think this is due to internal reflection. Check out the picture attached. Does it sounds like a standard 50/50 cube?
    Attached Files Attached Files