Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rgb laser with very fat beams

Good joke... scanners inside your laser can't go that fast at full scale !

Decrease to 18-20 k !

--- www.neodym.be ---

Are you sure? Other lasers with same scanner works perfectly on same settings..
    It cant be that some adjustments in the scanner board changed or moved?

This is obviously a scanner problem
    No it isn't. How did you come to that conclusion?
    I've never seen a scanner problem cause divergence to have increased.

BTW, DT30 will run beams just fine at 30k

What I would say is that the picture shows ALL of the colours appear to have increased in size. Is your module an all in one module or separate modules?
    If its an all in one, it would suggest that a primary optic affecting all the colours has moved, as other have already stated.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Take a look at Post #5 : you can clearly see that scanner's mirrors are not positioned in time with color modulation.

And NO, DT30 't work properly at 50 or 60° @ 30K. Even the DT40 can't achieve this performance.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I've never seen a scanner problem cause divergence to have increased.
    I guess PsychoLaser wanted to mean : "divergence on horizontal axis looks it has increased". And yes, scanners increase the displayed beams size if the scanrate is set too fast on the software.

--- www.neodym.be ---

I was assuming he was talking about the height as well as the width of the dot.
    I hadn't been assessing it based on what was clearly a scanned a image.
    Perhaps he needs to be clearer what he's referring to when he says they've 'gone big'.
    We need static beam pics really, and can then determine what needs fixing.

Also, if he has an identical laser, and its running from the same DAC just fine, then its probably not going to be resolved by changing settings, as they'll also affect the 'good' projector. 'Something else' has changed.

I notice the green in the middle of the gig picture is also exhibiting the same apparent smearing.
    Frikkin Lasers

Does it use any beam correction optics besides the collimination lenses? It looks like all the beams are getting fat so not just one in particular so perhaps where all the beams combine into a optical assembly such as Optical window/prisms/dichros/pbs cubes/spatial filtering and such has fallen out of line to cause all the beams to diverge a little more? Perhaps maybe one of those got mis-aligned for some reason. Just a suggestion. Hope you get your problem fixed!

hey guys! problem solved!
    today i opened the case and started messing with the x board of the scanner, it has a lot of small adjustable screws that control many things like x size and more..
    and finally i found the one that reduces "fattnes" from the beams..
    of course right after that i opened the green laser and did the same thing( but it wasnt so bad like in the rgb one)

so stocked! thanks you'all for your big help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151215_171518.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	49073

Name:	20151215_170409.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	49074

Name:	20151215_170712.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	49075

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

"Geez..... how could we have missed the screw that adjusts the fatness of the beams on a scanner amp?"
    (I'm teasing because I don't think most of us know of such a pot. I think you may have gotten lucky in this instance because messing with those when you don't actually know what you're doing can possibly ruin a galvo. There is a process called scanner tuning which involves very slow methodical adjustments of three of those pots. The others you really don't want to touch. My guess is at this point, your scanners may actually be out of tune which, while not traumatic, can shorten the life of your galvos. I don't know where you reside since it's not in your profile but, my suggestion would be if there is someone near you that's good with scanner tuning that you get them to check it for you. It's also something you can research yourself but, having somebody help walk you through the process is golden.
    PM Sent...

If i was you, I'd look at the labelled diagram of the amp in this document and check which pot it is you've adjusted. The DT40 amp is the same amp used on the DT30's (thats my amp in the picture and it came from DT30's)
    If its one of the ones labeled don't touch, you may have cause for concern.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ZZfxTKxUzhOFIQ
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    "Geez..... how could we have missed the screw that adjusts the fatness of the beams on a scanner amp?"
    (I'm teasing because I don't think most of us know of such a pot. I think you may have gotten lucky . .
    I'm thinking we're being trolled here, gentlemen. In either case, kudos to Brad for his friendly and restrained response.

I wonder if there is a neurological problem site where people write in and tell stories of how they cured their epilepsy with nothing more than a lamp cord and some 220v current . .

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"