Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone gone to see "The Force Awakens"?

Default Has anyone gone to see "The Force Awakens"?

I went last night to see it in IMAX 3D.

The theater was disappointing when I got there an hour early to see what was going on in the lobby. Nothing!
    I expected to see members of the 501's Legion posing for pictures, vendors selling Star Wars swag. All that was there was an old car from the local museum that they placed a poor representation of a storm trooper in the drivers seat. It looked like the Speed Racer car. Not sure what that had to do with the movie. I think someone missed a great opportunity to capitalize.

The movie it self was good. I won't talk about specifics so I don't ruin it for those who haven't gone yet. The 3D technology in the theater was really good. The use of 3D in the movie was also well done. JJ Abrams didn't over do it. Not like the cheesy effects of other 3D movies I've seen. The intro with the words drifting into space was probably the coolest.

I think they did the right thing and listened to the fans. They went back to the beginning and followed the Star Wars formula from Episode IV A New Hope.

Over All I give the movie 8 out of 10. I can't wait for the next one.

Chris

On the to-do list for my Christmas vacation

So, is it true that...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

My other half and I are going to the IMAX theatre at Trafford Park, Manchester on the 27th to see TFA. With work, a mini weekend tour with a Pink Floyd tribute band last weekend and Christmas the 27th is the soonest practical day to see the film. Really looking forward to this and hoping not to run into any spoilers between now and then.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

I saw it twice on Saturday. We saw an early showing on IMAX 3D and a late showing in regular non-IMAX non-3D format. I agree that the 3D effects were impressive. In my opinion its a great addition to the series. Can't wait to see how the story continues. Also can't wait to own a trilogy of trilogies.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Starting to think I need to turn my geek card. I really don't have a burning desire to see it one way or the other. Granted, I don't think I have even been to a movie since July 2011 when the final Harry Potter movie came out. Seriously, aside from LEM's, since I started this job in 2008, there has been essentially no time for any quality of life stuff. I've made it to a few concerts and I think I sort of had a date one night in about 2012 but, aside from that, going to the dentist or waiting to have tires put on the car are the extent of my mini "vacations". How much does a movie even cost?
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I went last night to see it in IMAX 3D.

The theater was disappointing when I got there an hour early to see what was going on in the lobby. Nothing!
    I expected to see members of the 501's Legion posing for pictures, vendors selling Star Wars swag. All that was there was an old car from the local museum that they placed a poor representation of a storm trooper in the drivers seat. It looked like the Speed Racer car. Not sure what that had to do with the movie. I think someone missed a great opportunity to capitalize.

Chris
    ...I'm guessing you didn't see it at the AMC in Disney Springs

We went to see the midnight showing on the release day (Thursday last week here).
    Went to the Crawley IMAX who are one of only 3 theatres in the UK to have 4DX. Added a number of new dimensions, some of which work really well, others not so well. but as a subject matter to test the technology, Star Wars was a good one I think.

https://youtu.be/lu4M5SL6Em4
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

since I started this job in 2008, there has been essentially no time for any quality of life stuff.
    You can either watch movies or have them made about you. Do you really think The Most Interesting Man Alive waits in line to see a movie? Congratulations

(You probably should not have mentioned the stuff about the tires. It sort of ruins my narrative)

I saw it saturday... was pretty good movie, but a terrible star wars movie

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    ...I'm guessing you didn't see it at the AMC in Disney Springs
    No I heard that tickets were sold out weeks in advance for the Disney theaters. We went to the Waterford Lakes theater near UCF. It's near home. I figured Disney would have costumed characters all over opening weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I saw it saturday... was pretty good movie, but a terrible star wars movie
    Wow! Can you explain without out spoilers? Frank you are the first negative review I've heard.