Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ScannerMAX Saturn Series

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Great!, but aside from the runs cooler part,
    Are they higher performing than the Cambridge 6215HP'S?
    For sure. No doubt and more precise.

Looks great Pieter!

When Lightspeed first came into the scene, their graphics were CLEARLY MORE COMPLEX than anybody else's. Their artware made it onto the cover of magazines. There was a huge and noticeable difference between what they did and what everybody else was doing at the time. They took time to master the creation of art for the new generation of scanners (which, at the time, were the 6800s).

Looking at your pictures above I have the same reaction. What you're showing there is far different from the kind of graphics that we see on a day-to-day basis. This being the case, you have clearly mastered the process of creating artware for these new scanners, and setting new standards at the same time -- just like Lightspeed did. Good job!

I've also had people send me private emails with links to this thread, so it looks like you're turning heads there Pieter!

Let me ask you -- have you selected the tuning to 60K, 75K, 90K or your own tuning?

Bill

I shot this image at 30kpps twice on request at a very large angle but you can run it at 60kpps no flicker. If you want I can reshoot it to prove that
    This kind of optimization is only possible with low resonance which the Saturn offers!
    Thanks for the kind words Bill!
    Last edited by masterpj; 05-18-2016 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I shot this image at 30kpps twice on request at a very large angle............................
    Would it be possible to know the "very large angle" in degrees?
    Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 05-18-2016 at 07:24. Reason: very

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Would it be possible to know the "very large angle" in degrees?
    Cheers
    I didn't measure but it was something like 60 degrees. The projection distance is really small between the projector and wall.
    I could have scaled up further without degradation of the image but I have a bed as well taking up the lower section of my wall

Many thanks Pieter...gotta getme a set of these fellas ASAP!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Many thanks Pieter...gotta getme a set of these fellas ASAP!
    Cheers
    If only you could buy them OEM without having to buy them together with that heavy accessory, also called "entire laser projector"...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    If only you could buy them OEM without having to buy them together with that heavy accessory, also called "entire laser projector"...
    You can. Email pangolin so they can put you in the waiting list.
    As they also said before: money talks! It's worth the investement

Hey just wanted to jump in here and tell you. The compact 506 is no slouch so don't think you only want the saturns. I have not used my 6215s in a LONG time since I went 506 AND I have an older set so the newer once have many improvements.

Bill what a problem to have not being able to keep up with orders! Pieter that's some truly beautiful work. Now if someone can make a 1-2mm 1mrad 2-5W Tem00 red for under the price of a car we'd all be in photon heaven.

Now if I can only find some time to actual enjoy it all!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160522_024935.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	50017 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultimate.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	50018
    30kpps saturn 1b torture test. Even at 60kpps I cannot induce resonance in these scanners (not at 90kpps either)! (Which is REALLY good) (something that DOES easily happen with the DT40 at 30kpps (shown as squigly lines untill you add more points)). This was large angle scanned.. scanners didn't even complain.

I do not use analog modulation here. I'm having the scanners acceleration causing the fades to happen! The low resonance is another selling point rather then just the achievable scanspeeds. Something to consider!
    Commissioned by Laser Ninja Productions*.

I have worked with CTHP's before and really there is no comparison the more advanced you are working with scanners.
    Last edited by masterpj; 05-22-2016 at 08:49.