Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 6W RGB Laser Build - UK

Sure, Dave's, BBe's or Lasertack are proven good drivers
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

My favorite driver would be BBe's simpledrive. It has some hysteresis on the beam suppression. Makes setting the low end current easier by keeping the driver from "bouncing" in and out of suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    My favorite driver would be BBe's simpledrive. It has some hysteresis on the beam suppression. Makes setting the low end current easier by keeping the driver from "bouncing" in and out of suppression.
    Hmmmm ???? LS.... I have not tried these BBe's units....must investigate !! I am fully immersed into Lumia Generation these days..... I have attempted a séance with Jerry Garcia for inspiration !!! No luck....but I have come up with some really wild ideas !!!
    One thing you can count on....any Lumia rig I cook up.....will be completely novel and " off he wall " ....and....will sport a " Donk " on it !!! It is a " Moral Imperative " !!
    CDBEAM=======>

Added note....... OK....NONE seem to be able to drive the NUBM07E !!! Need an modulating driver to pump out 4.5 A...Not LSP,BB or Lasertrack !!! Now what !!! ????
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 04-04-2016 at 17:51.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Hmmmm ???? LS.... I have not tried these BBe's units....must investigate !! I am fully immersed into Lumia Generation these days..... I have attempted a séance with Jerry Garcia for inspiration !!! No luck....but I have come up with some really wild ideas !!!
    One thing you can count on....any Lumia rig I cook up.....will be completely novel and " off he wall " ....and....will sport a " Donk " on it !!! It is a " Moral Imperative " !!
    CDBEAM=======>

Added note....... OK....NONE seem to be able to drive the NUBM07E !!! Need an modulating driver to pump out 4.5 A...Not LSP,BB or Lasertrack !!! Now what !!! ????
    Hey Bob!
    You can run one dual with paralleled modulation/output for up to 5A
    https://www.lasertack.com/Media/Uplo...T-DHS-5000.pdf
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

I have just sent a PM to BBe, thanks for the feedback.

Dupe...

Default My First Blog....Pass the Grogg

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    Hey Bob!
    You can run one dual with paralleled modulation/output for up to 5A
    https://www.lasertack.com/Media/Uplo...T-DHS-5000.pdf
    Thanx Jordi !!....I see that in the link...I know Lasertack has VERY good products. I have used some of his optics B4. My first Lumia rig ( Lumia 1) will sport about 7W RGB....yes....a little over the top.....but....all depends on the venue.
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinking2.gif 
Views:	486 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	49727
    Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    nice! very angry to see it
    cheers!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idea.gif 
Views:	486 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	49728.....Hey Jordi, correct me if I am mistaken, but I think you might have meant to say, .... "very hungry to see it" !
    Cheers

shit! yeah hungry! well pointed... sorry my english guys
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

Haha......I knew what you meant Jordi !!! I will start a separate thread !!! But....I am angry !!! Angry that I only have a finite amount of time and $$....frustrated that I have idea upon idea....stacking up....yet to try.....the possibilities with Lumia are ....endless !
    .....And yet... combining the pure beauty of Coherent Light.....and the " Organic " nature of Lumia.....well....IMNSHO.....Epic synergy !!....and a perfect well to quench my bottomless thirst for artistic expression !! Zygote !! CDBEAM=======>

Lots of great info in this thread!! I'm looking to build a projector with very similar specs.

At first I thought about going all single mode diodes.. but I'm getting greedier and greedier with how much power I want :P