Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Pesident Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Does anyone know Trumps stance on social issues? Gay rights, women's rights, religious rights, etc.
    Not me. The thing is I and I can assume people like me don't see a women's rights issue in the US, nor a religious rights issue. Globally yes these are huge issues, but not inside US.
    If this includes abortion, then he is against abortion.

His website is actually pretty vague on a lot of issues.
    I'll say that they all are vague as always. But if you think Trump is more vague than the rest then consider this: when someone says we have to do something about it VS we have to do something about it by protecting the X act or relying on the Y convention it's the same, it's vague either way. Do *what*? That's the question that needs to be answered. You can add details like acts and dates as much as you like but it doesn't make it clear how you're going to do it. So I don't see it any less vague than Hillary's website, just shorter.
    Last edited by ghosttrain; 03-16-2016 at 14:22.

The thing is I and I can assume people like me don't see a women's rights issue in the US, nor a religious rights issue.
    I live in Indiana. We are having major issues related to "religious rights" at the moment. So, its fairly important topic to me.

Give me one example, I have no clue what issue that might be. Last time I heard about "religious rights" was actually atheists complaining about the mandatory prayers in some schools and wanting to get rid of "in God we trust". So what's the issue you're talking about?

Try getting an abortion in Indiana.
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

Abortion is not a "religious right".
    If you're going to choose your next president based on his position on abortion, fine then. I think there are more serious issues facing USA than being able to get abortion in every state. I don't agree with Trump on abortion but if you want someone who will share all your views you won't vote for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosttrain View Post
    Give me one example, I have no clue what issue that might be. Last time I heard about "religious rights" was actually atheists complaining about the mandatory prayers in some schools and wanting to get rid of "in God we trust". So what's the issue you're talking about?
    I don't care to discuss on this forum. However, you can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi..._Act_(Indiana)

I will say.. I don't support due to the fact it takes away peoples rights. Goes against "all men are created equal"

RFRA is a poor vague document, not sure what you want to know about Trump which can have something to do with this waste of ink.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Our newspapers see Trump as a joke and are really biased. Like, "Haha look at what the orange clown said today!"
    Not just yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosttrain View Post
    Abortion is not a "religious right".
    If you're going to choose your next president based on his position on abortion, fine then. I think there are more serious issues facing USA than being able to get abortion in every state. I don't agree with Trump on abortion but if you want someone who will share all your views you won't vote for anybody.
    You asked for an example - trust me if you're a woman that's an example even if it doesn't bother you. if you'd said "whatever you say next I'll assume it's the single issue you'd vote on" then I probably would have responded differently about how single issue voting is foolish and that I'd hope you wouldn't assume I was *that* naive, nor foolish enough to imagine I'll be able to vote for someone who shares all my views. Play nice!

"The main difference between Trump and Sanders is that one is fairly open about the state violence he condones, while the other hides the state violence he condones under dishonest euphemisms and rhetoric designed to sound altruistic and compassionate. But both absolutely intend to force their authoritarian agendas upon the American people, caging those who disobey. And the Trump and Sanders camps consist of two sets of duped subjects cheering for one state-worshiping elitist control freak, while railing against another state-worshiping elitist control freak."