Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 10 - August 9th through the 14th, 2016 - Sign up now!

PayPal sent.

Going to miss this one. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Going to miss this one. Maybe next year.
    No way! You can't skip SELEM 10.

Smile

Hey folks!

Sorry for the lapse there. Tropical Storm Bonnie decided to dump a shitload of rain on Charleston, and it messed up my power and my Internet for a while. (No power means no Internet, obviously, but when the head-end for the cable provider is underwater, that ALSO means no Internet!)

All better now, so I'm back. Lots of catching up to do though!

I have updated the first post in this thread to reflect all the registrations we've received. And wow did we have a bunch of last-minute ones! Everyone trying to get in under the wire. Zach (Laserman121) managed to make it right on the deadline! (Seriously; less than a minute to spare.)

OK, so now the registration price is $129. And remember that after the 26th of July it goes up again! (Plus after that date you probably won't get a shirt.)

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I think it'll be great to have additional assistance with scheduling and of course, I'm very happy to do whatever I can to continue to have SELEM be the most-awesomest laser event on the planet.
    I like your enthusiasm, David! Hopefully you and Tiffany can work together to improve our scheduling and signage for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulFeast View Post
    Hoping to break my two year dry patch without a SELEM. Does anybody have room for a third or fourth "roommate"?
    I believe Rodney (Rodman) was looking for a roommate, and Zach also mentioned looking for one. Might want to give both of them a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I would like to see a beam show played on an ion laser. Too much to ask?
    We certainly have the power available. We might need to alter the layout of our distro's though. If Countfunkula is willing to bring his whitelight spectraphysics rig, we could set that on the stage, although if you wanted a pair of ion beam projectors we are going to need someone else to bring more gear...

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    I think this can be done..
    It absolutely can be done! OK, I nominate Mark, Brad, and David (Frankus) to the "committee for exploring the feasibility of displaying beam shows on an ion laser at SELEM 2016". Your mission, whether you wanted it or not, is to work out which laser(s) and projector(s) we will use for this endeavor. Get back to me with details and I will check with Jeff (RGB-gas) about power and water routing for the stage this year. Let's make this happen!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hurry up and register before the May 31st deadline and save money! And help get our fearless leader out of the red!
    Thanks for that, David! Lots of people appear to have taken your advice. We are doing much better this year in terms of registrations, and that is a huge relief for me. At the rate we are headed, we should make the budget in time despite all the additional costs of the new display area in the gym and the additional day we added to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser3DGuy View Post
    Here's to a long time follower, first time attender... Hope to meet a lot of new faces and a see some old friends!
    Chris? As in, Chris Stewart? OK, I saw your registration but I didn't know who it was from. Glad to see you've made the jump. I'm sure you'll have a great time. SELEM is part ILDA conference, part LAN party, part rave/EDM party, part RC hobby club, and part backyard BBQ fun, with a whole bunch of very cool people and a ton of equipment mixed in.

Trust me: once you attend once, you're hooked!

Looking forward to meeting you in August...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Trust me: once you attend once, you're hooked!
    Understatement of the year.

I'm hoping to finally make it to SELEM this year, but I am moving to NY in late August and want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I can commit. I have tons of laser gear to bring, and would love doing some BST with the other laser guys! The stuff I have seen posted from years prior just looks ridiculous. (I am styropyro from LPF BTW...)

Hi Fluoronium! Zach Collins mentioned that you were hoping to attend. Sure hope it works with your schedule.

The buy-sell-trade area will be larger this year than in previous years (moving it to the back-stage area), so there will be plenty of space. Just be sure to bring a folding table for your stuff, as tables are hard to come by in the venue.

Adam

Any word on if there are enough registrations for the LSO training from Greg? I'm definitely down if that's going on.

So Adam an I were talking yesterday about RC and SELEM. There are several people at SELEM that are also RC enthusiasts. Many of them own multirotors.

We thought if there is enough interest that we might set up a simple FPV drone race course in the base ball field next to the venue.
    At the very least I will be bringing my 250 class racing quad. Adam is in the process of building a new one and plans to bring it too.

The race won't really be a race more of an opportunity to fly around with other machines. No judges or prizes, just fun.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I've attached a video of me and a co-worker racing around the pond at work during our lunch break.
    At my job we manufacturer large industrial grade drones. My coworkers & I enjoy racing our personal 250 class racers around the pond at work during lunch. This race was between Luke & myself. The recording is from Luke's machine. You can see me pass at 1:04.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7n8xPyjGM

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    So Adam an I were talking yesterday about RC and SELEM. There are several people at SELEM that are also RC enthusiasts. Many of them own multirotors.

We thought if there is enough interest that we might set up a simple FPV drone race course in the base ball field next to the venue.
    At the very least I will be bringing my 250 class racing quad. Adam is in the process of building a new one and plans to bring it too.

The race won't really be a race more of an opportunity to fly around with other machines. No judges or prizes, just fun.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I've attached a video of me and a co-worker racing around the pond at work during our lunch break.
    At my job we manufacturer large industrial grade drones. My coworkers & I enjoy racing our personal 250 class racers around the pond at work during lunch. This race was between Luke & myself. The recording is from Luke's machine. You can see me pass at 1:04.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7n8xPyjGM
    Mixing lasers with RC.... there is no possible way this could turn into any form of Robot Wars. =D