Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 10 - August 9th through the 14th, 2016 - Sign up now!

I started a separate thread for people to sign up for the LSO class. If we get the required number of people signed up (minimum of 6), the class will be held on the Monday after SELEM. If you want to take the class, please post in that thread so we can get a count of all who want to take it.

Regarding the RC racing, I think this will be a lot of fun. As Chris said, it's not racing in the traditional sense... It's more about just zooming around and having fun with the quads. The "race course" will probably be nothing more than a few poles stuck in the ground that we have to fly around, and we're not going to keep track of lap times or anything. So yeah, if you have a 250 series quad (and especially if you have one with a first-person video system), then please bring it to SELEM this year!

We are getting very close to the event now, and there are still some big pieces missing. For one, I haven't heard anyone requesting time in the Auditorium for displaying specific shows. If you would like a block of time to run some of your own shows (or just a block of time to run some of your favorites, even if you didn't create them), please get with David Kumpula (dkumpula) to ensure you are on the schedule. Also, we still don't have a good logo for this year's event. Being that this is the 10th anniversary of the event, I'd really like to have some more choices for logos before I put up a voting thread. So please post your designs!

Another thing to remember: the Auditorium is a great location to film your artwork. If you ever plan to submit your work for an award of any kind (be it an ILDA award or something else), you will be hard-pressed to find a better location to take pictures or video of your laser artwork. So keep that in mind while you are at SELEM, and if you have specific shows you'd like to record, be sure you get your name on the schedule!

Adam

Default SELEM Presentation Schedule

Adam (Buffo), Tiffany (mrsVOOP) and I started working on this year's SELEM presentation schedule.

The list currently includes:

1. Lasers and Laser Projectors 101
    2. Projector Alignment
    3. Scanner Tuning Tutorial
    4. Beam Correction
    5. RC Flight / FPV
    6. Maxwell Laser Synth Overview
    7. Pangolin Beyond (Live and Timeline Use)
    8. What's New at Pangolin
    9. Glow in the Dark Laser Drawing Techniques
    10. Projector Building 101
    11. LSX Tutorials & Tricks

Are there any requests for additional topics this year?

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Not sure if a thread exists for requesting show times so I'll just put this here.

I will officially request time in the auditorium for LSX shows. I know I will have 30 minutes of content at least one of those shows will be new and never seen before. I am shooting to have two more created by SELEM as well.

Second if anyone wants to take up the challenge. Splice together a show that includes the greats that passed away this year. Not sure if anyone has content but it would be cool if someone did and could put something together.

From DZ content requesting the following if they exist:
    Pink Floyd (Obviously)
    Heavy Metal (Metallica, Black Sabbath, Etc.)

Lastly my dad would like around 20 minutes to perform a live Laser Presentation type show that he is working. Since this is a work in progress it might not be finished in time. But if we could schedule him just before LSX that would make for a nice transition.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I'm certainly not a graphic artist, but I did manage to download Gimp and throw this together. Not exactly how I imagined but thought it looked cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEMX.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	50195

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I'm certainly not a graphic artist, but I did manage to download Gimp and throw this together. Not exactly how I imagined but thought it looked cool.

Ooooooooh, that's seXy!
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post

Nice -
    A shirt-friendly version of this would get my vote!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

That's a nice looking logo! Not sure how it would look in embroidery though - might need to move the X up or down...

Anyone else want to take a crack at designing this year's logo?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Are there any requests for additional topics this year?
    401k sustainability or "How to like lasers and still be able to retire."
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    401k sustainability or "How to like lasers and still be able to retire."
    hehe. There should be a "How to make money with your laser hobby." topic. I've come close. Dollar wise I made more than I spent but time wise I am far into the hole. Starting to think about packing it up. Time to reevaluate it I guess. Business as usual until then.

"The Laser FX Handbook" taught you everything you needed to know about that topic. They had an entire chapter (chapter 2, in fact) devoted to the topic of "Can you make money doing laser shows"....

The entire chapter consisted of a single word: NO

Adam